Opinion on wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on wheels?

I am going to buy some new corvette wheels. And i need yalls opinion on size. Im either going with 19's in the back and 18's in the front, or 18's all around, or 19's all around. Just give me some opinions and i you have any more wheels beside corvette that you think would look good on a 98 firebird. hit me up. Thanks
    98\' Firebird, red, 16\" stock chrome wheels, flowmaster exhaust, 2 12\" sub,2 6*9, 2 61/2, red neon underglow, Dual slide display deck. Cold air supercharger<Its not made of plastic its stainless.

I'd go 18s all around. Tires will be expensive for 19s. If you have 19s out back, and 18s up front, you can't rotate your tires.
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Turning into a corvette forum. lol

Go with what you like Pheonix. You will have 15 people tell you 15 different things on here and end up back at square one. My personal preference is 16's and like the stock firebird wheels the best. Thought about corvette wheels for my bird but wanted to keep it 100% firebird. Seems anymore all everyone is doing is adding on vette wheels on their birds and maros.

Brian -

Comment

i think that 18 is the biggest to go with our cars
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

17x8.5 +56mm and 18x9.5 +58mm
          chrome c6

However, if I had waited a month or so, you can get 18x9.5 +56mm chrome c6's all the way around with nice tires for 1400 + shipping. Which is a deal.

Btw, you can go with bigger rims, you just have to make sure the offsets are correct otherwise your going to be machining some massive spacers. Because when you get around 19+ size vette rims, they usually are specifically made for vettes so they have the crazy vette offsets and won't work with our cars without huge spacers.

And I'm not sure that 19's will work up front.

Also, and if you get different sized rims like I have you won't be able to rotate them.

Personally, I'd go with 18x9.5 all the way around.
          99 WS6
          13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
          tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Im going with the 18's thanks
            98\' Firebird, red, 16\" stock chrome wheels, flowmaster exhaust, 2 12\" sub,2 6*9, 2 61/2, red neon underglow, Dual slide display deck. Cold air supercharger&lt;Its not made of plastic its stainless.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X