No announcement yet.

tinting the corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do u want a high gloss/shinny look? or flat?

mine came out kinda glossy but i like flat. if u want them shinny just wet sand and then buff them out
    *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

Nobody around here seems to carry them in the store but you can check (check at tuner shops and ricer stores). I bought mine off of ebay and got it to my door for 10 bucks. I'd recomend getting 2-3 cans if you think you might want to use it on your tail lights as well otherwise 1 can should be fine for the corners.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

What U plan to do is the best way to lower the resale value
        of your car. If the resale value of your car is a concern I would tank this idea and leave the car the way it was when new.
        If you don't care how much you kill the re-sale value and
        the ability to resell it to someone else in the future......go for it.
        Phil

Comment

its called replacement parts, if he wants to sell the car he can go on ebay and buy stock parts to put on, its as simple as that. Also i dont see modding the corners really brining the car down in value much at all.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Plus, with NIghtShade, he should be able to remove it. It may leave a dull look to the plastic, but it is removable.
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

T-Punk
              Here to Stay
              Member # 4475

posted March 09, 2006 12:10 PM
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              its called replacement parts, if he wants to sell the car he can go on ebay and buy stock parts to put on, its as simple as that. Also i dont see modding the corners really brining the car down in value much at all.
              agreed...and like someone else said, the nightshades will come off with a little laquer thinner if someone REALLY wants it off...but personally, I don't care about re-sale value because i'm never going to sell it...because it is totally paid off..Why would I work so hard on somthing to sell it??? It is inevitable for a v-6 camaro to lose value as years go by too...so in the end, who cares? :cool:
              #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

hahaha exactly, i hate when people worry about **** like that, he obviously has a car he wants to modify, so he probably plans on keeping the car for a long time, if not forever. i sold my car with them on and the guy was hella happy. so i say go for it [img]smile.gif[/img]
                *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X