Taillight Tints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taillight Tints?

Ok i have seen these taillight tints on e-bay for 28 bucks and was woundering is anyone has used thses or has ever used them . also thier is a spray on taillight tint ? is this for real?

i have blackout covers on mine. check my cardomain page. and to answer your questions, yes and yes
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

so the spray on one works? i think it would be hard to get consistant and are you blackouts the thin tint or the hard plastic ones?

Comment

hard plastic.

quiet a few people have painted theirs and did a really good job. do a search for it in this section.

Comment

i am talking about tint you put on with a squeegee!!! not snap on plastic parts

Comment

never seen or heard of using actual window tint.

Comment

look up "camaro taillight tint" on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMAR...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

anyone have VHT Nite shade how much is in a can enought for 6-9 coats?

Comment

Check the sticky at the top of the page. I just ordered some VHT Nite shades. If the weather permits, the project should be going down this weekend. If you can wait, i'll be able to give you more info + pics of the process hopefully.
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

If yours turns out well, I'm going to order some for my taillights, DRLs, and foglights. Hopefully, it will look cool if I decide to paint it black...
                    1998 Firebird<br />V6 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1</a>

Comment

where you ordering it from?

Comment

i bought vht night shades

most likely id say u would need two cans for both taillights if u want to do that many coats.

i did 4 coats and it looked perfect, then on my 5th coat, it had runs and ruined it :(

the can says to just use a laquer thinner or acetone to remove it, but it takes the shine off the plastic and makes it just dull looking
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

check out my cardomain.... mines black paint and cleared. basically what you'll get from the nightshades stuff.. IMO it looks alot better than clip-ons
                          It\'s a beautiful life<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2035163\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2035163</a>

Comment

can u use the vht on the headlights and signals?
                            2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              1 week ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X