Black side mirror Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black side mirror Covers

As seen on meny camaros the side mirrors are painted black instead of matching the car. I want to do this but my owners manual does not say how to take all the parts off the plastic housing so i can get it painted. i was woundering if it comes at a unit or if it is fully dissasembable? kind of a weird question hu? i just want to take then off and apart so i can have them painted. was just asking if its doable and if so how hard?

Thanks guys!!

Also want to get my bumper insert painted its the stock grayish one or its turning grayish atleast so i want to paint it gloss black is it paintable?

the mirror comes apart. take out the triangle panel on your door and go from there. its pretty simple.

as far as the bumper insert, are you talking about the front plastic grill? if so, yes it can be painted.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

ya the BIG piece of black plastic inserted into my bumper has anyone ever painted thiers? if so hows it look ?

Comment

yes they have. let me see if i can find a pic.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop:
          Also want to get my bumper insert painted its the stock grayish one or its turning grayish atleast so i want to paint it gloss black is it paintable?
          I've seen them painted, but if you're willing to spend more I think the SLP grille would look good with pewter. I have it on my black Camaro and it matches perfectly.

Picture
          <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

why would u want to paint them black, and not the body color?.. it looks better imo the same color.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i was considering both "one or the other" wasent sure witch togo with so i wanted pictures?

Comment

i have a red car with black handles/roof/mirrors if you want to check it out, its in my sig.

i really like it [img]redface.gif[/img]
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

anyways.. removing the mirror i think is only 3 bolts or so, you have to take the door panel off, and the triangle sail panel and its pretty simple i think... I dont remember the details but i took my window out of the door one time, and i took the mirror off.. so i know its not too complicated.
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    1 week ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X