car show tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car show tips

Show season is coming quickly and I was wondering if anybody had any new helpful tips. One thing that I picked up since last show season was the use of a brass brush to detail the engine(it works wonderful).
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214</a>

The engine bay is a *****. Is there an easy way to do this? I tried getting a damp cloth and going at it. I got frusterated. Is there a better way?
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Park in the shade! There are so many reasons why you should try for this.

Avoid gravel lots if you can... way too dusty.

Make sure you enter the right class! DQ's can come quite easily.

make sure you pay attention to how the judges want the trunk, hood, windows (open hood and trunk, closed doors with windows down is usually a safe bet). They can be picky about that. I've lost major points for leaving my trunk closed before.

Make a nice sign that talks a bit about your car if you're in the modified class.

Leave everyone room to walk around your car, don't set your junk up right next to it. Don't be one of those people who feels its necessary to bring every trophy you've ever won and set it under your hood.

Be around when the judges come by, tell them you'll answer any questions they have, tell them something unique about your car, make them remember it.

Don't play your own stereo, at least not loud or for any extended period of time. Don't make a habit out of running your car in the middle of the show.

Clean your interior as well as you clean the exterior.

Don't leave early, its the best way to instantly tick off a couple hundred people. If you can't stay the whole day, don't show.

Car Show Cleaning tips:

CD2 Engine detailer works great on the blanket under the hood, but do that before you clean up under the hood.

Polish everything shiny, chrome and polished aluminum can be your best friend at a show.

Armor-all is your second best friend. Don't forget the wheel wells, hoses, anything plastic.

Tire-sidewalls should get some tire gel.

Clean the insides of the rims.

Newspaper on the windshield.

Just remember that the car is never really clean enough. There's usually always a car there that's cleaner, no matter how much you prepared. Just go and enjoy.

Oh, and don't forget the bug spray/sunscreen.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

good advice. I'm going to have fun with the shows this year.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214</a>

Comment

really, the number one thing is to not take it too seriously.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

try ammonia free windex... after washing the car and drying it spray small amounts on the car and wipe off with a terry cloth... it will do the job like a polish, keeps any spots from appearing and smooth out the noticeble scrathces... i've seen some car show winners do this right when the get to the show... or after you wash AND DRY the car... i did it the other day, it took about 10 minutes or less and i didn' think it made much of a difference untill about 5 minutes later when the sun was shining on it... WOW...
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Ammonia free windex. I'll have to try that.

Comment

All good tips Larry [img]smile.gif[/img]
                1998 Firebird w/ LS1 & A Few Mods<br /><br />Pictures--&gt;<a href=\"http://www.fad2blk.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fad2blk.smugmug.com</a>

Comment

so if i go and get some ammonia free windex, its not gonna f up my paint or anything??

;)

Comment

no it shouldn't make sure it AMMONIA FREE... other then that it should be ok...

I was scared to death at first but my car is still fine.
                    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by FAD2BLK:
                      All good tips Larry [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      The car show master speaks! [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] :D

i owe all my carshow experiences to jack, hes the one who finally convinced me to enter one and got me hooked.

The old MOFBA days taught me plenty: like qtips in the cracks and tireshine in the wheelwells.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Dont forget the little hottie in the bikini, that always helps.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X