• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do with STB?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6216030789.jpg&s=x10

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6216041434.jpg&s=x10

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6216043950.jpg&s=x10

ok guys here is the STB on the car just kind of sitting in place, my question is what color should i get it? blue,white, sand(polish), leave it black?

i am debating on all of my color choices and am not sure what i should do? as u can tell i have starting polishing my ALT. i have polished my hood struts and a good majority of the ac condensor! BUT i also have alot of blue under the hood, ALSO the car is white and i have white under there too, along with all the black stuff also!!

I think the black blends in nicely...blue, ehhhhh, might look out of place and white? might look good, might be too much. And damn could you clean that engine bay, it looks like your car is dirty grey from the inside there...sheesh.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Polished. No doubt. I'd start polishing out some other parts to match it too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

guys my engine bay looks like **** BECAUSE look at my hood struts and stuff i have been polishing stuff every day the hood struts really caused a mess!! i am not gonna clean it why i am still working on my alt, and other stuff! get my point? so ehh one black and one polished! keep em coming guys

Comment

Engine bay looks fine to me... I think polished would look great cuz that's the one I have and it dresses things up nicely. Colors don't show up as well.. cept' maybe red (which wouldn't match your car).
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

well, my bay started out a lot like yours. white flows nicely imo. polished is never a bad choice, i just dont know how it would come out. black would work, and would obviously be the easiest. not blue. especially cause if you ever decide to change the loom color, youll have more to deal with.

also, i bet its powercoated, and not painted. taking off the powdercoat will loose the benefits it posesses. powdercoat is supposed to stand up nicely, where as painting it white or polishing it wont.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

polish!
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

well i put it on today, and in the mean time they gave me these extra piece i didnt need, i figured i wqould polish it and see how it looked and DAYUMMMM it took me forever to hit shiny metal!! im almost sure it is powdercoated but what exactly is powdercoat?

Comment

Powder coat is a magnetically charged powder that is sprayed on to metal and then baked. Not only is it more durable than paint but if you mess up it is easier to strip it off before you bake it. I also think a powdercoat comes out richer in color on most everything.

Comment

well i put it all on today and it is noticable but could be noticed more if white or polished IMO, also loochy i got a couple of polishing Qs? for ya if ya could give me a quick holler on aim at chetsbird thanks chet

Comment

white or black..
                      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
                        white or black..
                        no Matthew, polished or white.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

polish
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X