Billet Door Sills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billet Door Sills?

Anyone have these? Not sure if I should go with the highly polished ones or brushed aluminum. I'm thinking highly polished might get scratched up easier or will be harder to maintain... any suggestions?
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

ive thought about getting them, but ive always figured they'd be hard to maintain given where they sit. which ones are you looking at? rksport?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i would like to get some of those but i think the price is a little bit too high for something you only see when you open the door. i'd rather get some that'll give me a little more power.

but i think that you should get some so i can see how they look. lol
      K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Originally posted by matt3989:
        i would like to get some of those but i think the price is a little bit too high for something you only see when you open the door. i'd rather get some that'll give me a little more power.

but i think that you should get some so i can see how they look. lol
        I want door sills that give me more power too! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

Comment

I got those Carbon Fiber door sills... I haven't noticed any scratches yet. Unless you drag your feet across them I don't think anything would scratch much. The door doesn't touch 'em.

I would go for it.

Rob
          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

I just painted mine
            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
              I just painted mine
              painted the what color? any pics?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I have the diamond plate ones. They're polished and they're not that hard to maintain. They've got a few scratches, but not to many. Its more a matter of being careful not to drag ur foot across it. you can kind of see them in this pic. Sorry i dont have a better one.

edit: found an old one
                <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

On the red one they're white. On mine they are orange. i'll get some pics sometime.

Edit: Found a partial pic.

We painted them whenever we painted the air box and other **** under the hood. Just thought hmmm I wonder if these come off easily *pop*, oh. .

[ March 07, 2006, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Fbody3400 ]
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
                    On the red one they're white. On mine they are orange. i'll get some pics sometime.

Edit: Found a partial pic.

We painted them whenever we painted the air box and other **** under the hood. Just thought hmmm I wonder if these come off easily *pop*, oh. .
                    I like it. Something so simple really adds to the car.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

Wow.. thanks for all the replies. Yeah, I'm liking the painted look too. That's a good idea. Loochy, there are a couple of places to get them... Thunderracing and another place (can't remember the name at the moment.. I'll find it later). RK Sport is TOO EXPENSIVE. They want over $100 more for a pair of billet sills that the other places. I don't have too much going on in my interior besides pedals and some gauges. I'm thinking if I add the sills, I'm going to open up another can of worms because I'll be trying to match up other interior pieces with them... hmmm. I'm wondering if anyone carries a brushed aluminum dash kit to match.
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

I have these, and like them a lot. Had them for a little over a year now and they are still in great shape. Really help with the appearance if you ask me. I had mine painted silver for awhile, but these really give it more of a clean look. I can get pics if anybody wants.
                        1998 Firebird w/ LS1 & A Few Mods<br /><br />Pictures--&gt;<a href=\"http://www.fad2blk.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fad2blk.smugmug.com</a>

Comment

Could you send me a pic? Thanks. I just got word, that they are on backorder from Thunder. I was thinking about painting them also. But maybe I'll do that "after" they get messed up and scratched..
                          2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X