thinking about getting some rally stripes - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about getting some rally stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about getting some rally stripes

or racing stripes or whatever they're called. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on what color to get.

I am getting headlight and taillight covers (blackouts) if that changes the appearance much.
    I was thinking either white or silver would look pretty good, but any other options?
    I was also just going to buy the vinyls, but if I could get it painted in approx the same price range, is it worth it?
    So any of you that had it done, please pipe up and let me know how much it cost you, and any problems that you had with them.
    Thanks!
    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

I think silver would be awesome, black would be my second choice. Definatley stay away from white though. You have a beautiful color on your car. I think decals are your best bet though. Painting them will definatley be more money, and if you don't like the way they turned out you can't take them off. Decals are only like a few hundred or so. Ever think about getting a SS hood?

Comment

Yeah, I would love to get an SS hood, but I don't have $1,000 to spend on luxury items :D
      I was thinking about black too, but I am also getting the windows tinted very shortly (next week if I have my way) and with the blackouts, that is alot of black. I don't want to over do it.
      I've spent alot of money on her recently so I want to do this last little bit before summer, and then I need to chill for awhile.
      millionformarriage.org

Comment

If you're going to get blackouts, then you have to go with black. Everything just matches. Here's what my car looks like with blackouts, and the stripes (except I'm a firebird). Plus, Limo Tinted windows helps alot with color cordination [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

<b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

Sorry, here's the stripes with the tinted windows.

<b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> </b><br /><br />1998 Sport Metallic Gold Firebird A4:<br /><br />Whisper Lid, 5% Limo Tint, 30th Anniversary Side Stripes, 3\" Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Man Fan Switch, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/98goldbird</a>

Comment

millionformarriage.org

Comment

nice firebird, stripes look good, not over done

Comment

Something I just thought about was the 35th anniversary SS stripes. Those are badass.

I love that car :D
                millionformarriage.org

Comment

Originally posted by 98goldbird:
                  If you're going to get blackouts, then you have to go with black. Everything just matches. Here's what my car looks like with blackouts, and the stripes (except I'm a firebird). Plus, Limo Tinted windows helps alot with color cordination [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
                  The stripes do look good on your car, but I am not sure how a total black theme would look on an orange car
                  millionformarriage.org

Comment

White. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by Ted:
                      Definatley stay away from white though.
                      Originally posted by KBeezy:
                      White. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      just trying to be difficult or what? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                      millionformarriage.org

Comment

I think black would look best on your car. I got my vinyl stripes from RKSport. The install will take a few hours. I had someone install them for me for $100.00, that was from a friend of a friend deal. There's some pics in my sig.
                        1997 Red M5 3.8, 3.23 Gears<br /><b>Performance Mods:</b><br />SLP CAI, RKSport Headers, 3\" Catco Cat, 3\" Cut-Out, SLP S-Pipe, 3\"I-Pipe & over-axle (Custom from shop), Hooker Headers Muffler, Hooker Header Tips.<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/redrider45\" target=\"_blank\"><b>My Ride</b></a>

Comment

If I had my copy of photoshop I'd show you what sunset orange and white look like [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe tonight ;)
                          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

I think a metalic silver would look good. I've got vinyl stripes on mine. I like it a lot, really sets it off. Ran about $150, self installed pretty easily.
                            Kindof debatable on getting them painted on, probably will be more expensive for a good job. But you wouldn't have to worry about how it takes the weather. But then again, if you end up not liking it, it's not to hard to peel off vinyl.
                            2000 Red Firebird W68

Comment

I for the longest time wanted white on my car. All the red ss camaros you see with the 35th anniversary stripes are silver. I've had the pleasure of seeing many cars with white stripes on them and they look hideous and very cheasy. Unless you have an muscle car with a nice flat color on it where you can get away with it. I think silver is a better substitute than white because it is a lighter color and has metallic in it. But dude, if I had your car I would definatley do the silver stripes, and I wouldn't do any black outs on the lights at all. Just my opinion.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X