bubbles on stripe set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bubbles on stripe set

i just started installing my rally bird stripe set last night, using the wet method (spraying water on surface and decal), but i still got lots of bubbles. It was really late last night so i fixed a couple by popping them with a needle (u can't see where i did it, its way too small) and moving the water out the the squeegee thingy. it has worked great for the bigger bubbles but the smaller bubbles i'm having problems with. does anyone have any tips on getting these out? any help would be greatly appreciated. when i put on the windwhield 'pontiac' decal last year, i also had some bubbles, but those went away with time (like 2 weeks) and it looks perfect now. think the same will happen with the hood?

You just need to work them out using your finger nail and moving them out to the sides so the air escapes. Same thing happened when I put my vinyl sticker on my rear window. Good luck.
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

I installed my stripes right about this time last year, and I had a problem with the tiny air bubbles too. Someone here told me to let the car sit in the summer sun a few times and the bubbles would go away. They did, but I had to wait another month for it to get warm outside. Now there are zero bubbles, and the stripes look completely stock.

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

Yea that's true... the heat did A LOT of the work for me too. Souther California is good like that.
        \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

That happened when I did the stripes on my car, and a friends car, and it'll probably happen again tomorow when I do it for another friend.
          One thing you can do, which too late now but in case there is a next time, is put just a tiny bit of soap in with the water before you spray it. Not too much though, b/c then it wont stick.
          Best thing to do is poke out any major ones like you did, just be careful, b/c if you aren't careful you'll just be left with a crinkled spot instead of a bubble. And I was amazed at how all the smaller ones went away after it heated up and the vinyl shrank.
          2000 Red Firebird W68

Comment

yeah, use just a drop or two of soap in the water, that will help. Use a credit card (or similar object) and when you get it in the position you want it use the card to 'scrape' out the bubbles with it still wet. Use a hair dryer and dry it a bit, then scrape some more, repeat. If you work slowly and carefully it'll work like a charm. I helped a friend cover the entire front of his car with vinyl flames and we did it with almost no air bubbles doing it this way.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

thanks alot everyone. i had only done the hood when i got all the bubbles, but with the texas heat they are almost all gone. i did the roof and trunk stripes over the weekend and got maybe a bubble or two. its the same rally bird stripe set that fad2blk has, i'll try to post some pics once i get a hold of a digital camera.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X