93-97 Tail lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93-97 Tail lights?

I was wondering if it was possible to swap out my '99s tail lights with ones from an earlier 4th gen. I like the older lights better (especially because my car is red), so i was wondering if this was possible. Also if it is possible, where would be the best place to get them?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

if its a camaro... just look on f-body boards and ebay and see if you can find a set...

and for taillights its 93-96 old style, 97-02 new style
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Yup, there have been numerous people that have done the swap. Just look on boards and ebay like shenanigans mentioned. Also yea the older style is 93-96. 1997 was the first year with the new style
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Good choice with the 93-96 tail lights.
        93-96 tail lights &gt; 97-02 tail lights... :D
        I see you live in San Jose, maybe i'll see you around.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Thanks for the quick response guys! I guess i'll check out what ebay has to offer.

gugdathug3- I have to agree, i actually think that the post 96 lights are just plain ugly. Especially on my car (being red), the white over orange with black outliner just makes it look like the back of a Ford Orion. Anyway, yea maybe you will see me around, what part of SJ do you live in? I drive a red '99 camaro convertible, beige top w/ a body kit. Not incredibly noticable right now, but that will change once i lower it and get a new grill.

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Good Luck with the tail lights Fireball27, make sure to post before and after pictures. Yeah i saw the picture with you and your camaro, its nice. I live by Oak Grove High School (SSSJ). What about you?

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

I'll be sure to get those pictures. My next paycheck (well some of it) is going into my car's appearance. New grill, clear turn signals, taillights, and i was also planning on sanding/polishing my headlights too. Car should look pretty sexy after that...

Oak Grove High School... is that on Blossom Hill road? I live up by Alum Rock Park in east SJ, so i'm not to familiar with that area. I only go down there once in a while to drive round Hicks Road.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

bought the 93-96 for $25, sold my stockers for $90 or $75 can't remember. had to modify the housing and the wiring slightly to get it to work though

-Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
                  bought the 93-96 for $25, sold my stockers for $90 or $75 can't remember. had to modify the housing and the wiring slightly to get it to work though
                  How so? I bought my car second hand (as you do) and it doesn't have an owners manual. Do you think it would be a good idea to get one of those? Cuz i don't really think i'd know where to go about removing the stock lights anyway.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

I'm not sure what the difference in the tail lights is as far as the wiring but when I bought my euros I had to modify them a bit too. All I did was cut the little notch that holds one of the lights in place. No biggy, just get a razor blade or something. The lights are easy to remove too. Just pull forward the carpet where the trunk latch is and unscrew the two plastic wing nuts or whatever they're called.
                    2002 SOM 35th Camaro. K&N filter, smooth intake bellow, 160* thermo, \'vette power servo, B&M transpak, Pacesetter Headers, 3in. in dual 2.5in. out Flowmaster 40 muffler, custom dual side exit exhaust before rear tires, MSD plug wires

Comment

the only modification to the wiring is to get the whole housing to light up with your running lights, and to get your blinker working...I had to pic up another double filament socket to get it to work...well worth it though.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                      05' CTS-V
                      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Originally posted by nikon:
                        the only modification to the wiring is to get the whole housing to light up with your running lights, and to get your blinker working...I had to pic up another double filament socket to get it to work...well worth it though.
                        Uh... ok, i'm not really good with the electrical stuff... so is that hard?

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by nikon:
                          Uh... ok, i'm not really good with the electrical stuff... so is that hard? </font>[/QUOTE]for me, no....I just needed a test light and figured out what goes where...you dont have to do it...but It's to get the whole assembly to light up with the running lights.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                          05' CTS-V
                          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X