• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i sandblasted my rims....

what would I find underneth?

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...51_12_full.jpg

bare metal.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I dunno, I found jewels and diamonds underneath mine. Too bad I traded them for crack...
      2000 Camaro, Pewter Metallic, M5 tranny, 3.23 gears, Hard Top, <br /><br />Modifications:<br />SLP loudmouth (dual/dual tips)<br />MSD 8.5mm wires<br />K&N airfilter<br />SS hood (don\'t buy from fiberglassfabricators.com!!!)<br />Spec stage 2 clutch

Comment

Aluminum.
        1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ChronoGN:
          Aluminum.
          so, couldnt i polish them to look really nice?

im sure people have done this befre, so what does it look like?

Comment

id recommend using paint stripper instead of sandblasting. youd have an easier job once the paint was off.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

like i said, bare metal, when i painted my rims i polished the lip, i used ( like loochy said ) paint stripper. then used 800 grit, then work my way all the way to 2000 grit, then clear coated them. they were really shiney at 2000 grit, even with out polish. i didnt use polish assumeing clear coat wouldnt stick to it.sand blasting may be too rough, depending on what they use. theres alot of differet types of sandblasting, rubber pellets are used too, not just sand.
              1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i think there is a product u can buy, it's aviation grade paint stripper.

Im sure ive seen it talked about on this board before.... check it out, probably can buy it at pepboys to peel off the paint and then polish them.
                Sandblasting them may leave a rough surface like loochy said
                *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

can you use the aviation grade paint stripper if you wana get the clearcoat off you're polished aluminum rims?
                  Mystic Teal Metallic
                  ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

well, i didnt mean i was gonna sandblast it, but take the paint off.

I have this sweet paint stripper, its in a spray can, and holly hell, that stuff is NASTY

anyways, if i did this, would they acually look nice?

Comment

if u stripped the paint, and they are aluminum, you would probably have to spend sometime polishing them to make them look good.
                      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
                        if u stripped the paint, and they are aluminum, you would probably have to spend sometime polishing them to make them look good.
                        i wish there was a way to experiment on it.

i wonder if i could pick up a cheap on from somewhere

Comment

stip the paint off, sand with maybe 1500 grit ( depending on how smooth they are after stipping then ) , work your way up to 2000 grit then use a aluminum polish. they'll look great. just time consuming.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X