washing and maintain graphics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washing and maintain graphics!

Ok i just got custom black racing stripes on my silver RS - looks solid with the skirt...Ill put a pic up soontimes...I was just wondering how do u guys maintain these stripes wen they get tiny bubbles and such and wen u clean it wat do u do to give them a solid shine ? - i guess a standard hand wash with normal car soap? wat about wax? or nething that would add an extra shine to them? anyone have any tips in keepin them smooth and shiney and protected? maybe someone has a secret that works good?
    Chris Lucas

The tiny bubbles should disappear when it warms up. I wash and wax my stripes just like i do the rest of my car. I'm not sure if I'm wrong for doing that, but its worked for me for 3 years now and my stripes are still shiny and still look new.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214</a>

Comment

thanks a lot cheif thats wat i woulda figured...yah im from canada - its still snowing - so i think around june they will go away and it will melt just perfectly on the car
      ...wen u wash it with soap does the stripe look mint? mine have like finger prints easily visible on them?
      Chris Lucas

Comment

just dont try and claybar them and youll be fine. i learned that the hard way and gotta bunch of yellow crap inbetween the sides of the stripes haha.
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

you shouldn't wax your stripes. if you read the instruction you would read that it says no vinyl.

i just was mine down with the rest of the car. and they look great.

for the bubbles get a blade and take the pointy edge and just push it on the bubble so you don't leave a mark and then you push the air right out. heat won't get everything out.

over time you will get what looks like a white rim on the stripes. that will just be wax build up. and you have to do is take a towel and rub stright up and down nice and hard to get it out.

good luck
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Hey Chris,

This is strange but I'm from the toronto area as well and i'm having racing stripes put on my RS. We should get together for a beer sometimes or meet up at a car show sometime this summer. Take it easy, Marco.

Comment

eh marco becareful where u get ur stripes done! some places like SLS where i went - really made a mess of them at first - i had to go nuts for them to straighten them out - good to have a V6er from my hood - chrisanthonylucas@hotmail.com

one more question though...anyone notice that black stripes tend to get a lot of weird shines on them in the light - i washed mine with soap and i was annoyed with the swirley marks on them and wat appear to be like oil smudges on them? like wat finger prints would look like?

Thanks
              Chris Lucas

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X