super glue off paint!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super glue off paint!!!

what is a good method to get super glue off my car paint, i had some door molding on there and i pulled it off and there is super glue under there, i was using degreaser and a rasor blade and it seems like the superglue is really attached to the paint good, i can see where i am going into the paint in places. is there a safer method to my madness???

A product like goo gone and a good wash after is a much better way to go.

Comment

try alcohol pads.
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by chets bird:
        is there a safer method to my madness???
        Not really. Superglue is one of the Worst things to remove on the paint. The only thing that may help is Nail Polish Remover, but even that will start to burn into the paintjob.
        I'd try wetsanding with 2,000 grit sandpaper ONLY on the glue (if possible), then buff/wax afterwards.
        sigpic

Comment

try laquer thiner.. but be careful and i would rub it on a small spot on the underside of your front bumper just to make sure it won't ruin the paint
          It\'s a beautiful life<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2035163\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2035163</a>

Comment

ok i tryed 2000 grit sandpaper cause thats really the only thing yall mentioned that i had it didnt work but it didnt hurt the piant either if i looked at an angle it looked like it took a lil shine off but ehh 5 min later i waxing the car! so ehh i will leave it for now until i go to the store and get some googone and if not ill see if my roomate has some nail polish remover maybe she can give me something thatll work!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X