headlight question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight question

so my headlights have this nasty foggy film stuff on them. someone told me to go buy some plastic polish so i got some from like autozone and used it a few times. it kinda worked.... i think, but the fog is still noticable. i think if i kept doing it like once a week it would eventually come out, but that would take forever. its kinda an eyesore because everything else looks pretty good. so i read around, and here are my options:

1. keep polishing. i dont really want to do this, partly because i dont know if it will reallly fix the problem, but also because i kinda want to spice up the look of my car. stock looks get boring, so i want to change it up some.

2. whistler mod. nice look, but it doesnt really fix the fog. maybe i could keep polishing until it came out and then do whistler. but then again, would the black look wierd against my color? (silver) would it look cool if i did it to match the body color? i think so. like the new vette's. but would it even be noticable? chrome to silver is not much of a change. hmmm....

3. halos. this option would be easiest, but also most expensive. i think it would look pretty cool to have halos, but what color? would black look too wierd? i think chrome would look better. also, wouldn't my stock headlight bulbs look kinda (really) bad next to the led-like halo lights? probably, so i would want to replace them with something brighter, but what? i dont know anything about the difference in like xenon, halogen, hid, or whatever else. also, i have heard that these leak. if they do, i dont want to do it. everyone says something different, so maybe it depends on the manufacturer. if anyone has some, where did you get them from, and do they leak?

so. theres my thoughts in a few choppy, disorganized, pseudo-paragraphs. i want to do something, but im not real sure how much i want to spend. what do yall think? thanks in advance for any ideas.
    98 camaro v6, ssm, mostly stock<br /><br />if i had bumper stickers they would say this:<br /><br />yes, as a matter of fact, i DO own the road!<br /><br />my physics teacher would be happy with my driving: constant acceleration

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
    New Site Hosting Issues
    by FirebirdGT
    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
    1 week ago
  • LETZRIDE
    New Owner!
    by LETZRIDE
    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
    3 weeks ago
  • LETZRIDE
    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
    02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X