weather stripping along door panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weather stripping along door panel

Hello all, I recently had my car painted and today when I rolled my window up, I think its weather stripping but anyways, it popped up like maybe an eighth of an inch all the way along the top of my door. Its not the stuff that goes along the top of the window but the black strip that goes along your window at the bottom. Has anyone had this problem? It will not go back down to save my life, I popped all the metal hook things back in but It won't go down any. Me and another person also tried pushing down on it to no avail. If anyone has any ideas it would help out a bunch, I think its the work of the guy who painted it. But, their shop is like 70 miles away.
    2000 Camaro, Pewter Metallic, M5 tranny, 3.23 gears, Hard Top, <br /><br />Modifications:<br />SLP loudmouth (dual/dual tips)<br />MSD 8.5mm wires<br />K&N airfilter<br />SS hood (don\'t buy from fiberglassfabricators.com!!!)<br />Spec stage 2 clutch

Yup, I had my car painted yesterday and those weather strips are THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE A$$!!! [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] :mad: [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] :mad:

My boss who owns the bodyshop I work for and helped me with my car is very smart when it comes to taking cars apart and putting them back together and he struggled for about 20 minutes to put those dam things back on. He said if he ever paints another camaro, he wont take them off, he'll tape around it. I am not exactly sure how he got them back on but I know he put the window down and used a screw driver to push the tabs back in. Good luck. ;)
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

I've tried all the combinations... It's useless. I'm seriously considering covering it and wailing on it with a rubber mallet to see if it works. Any other ideas?
      2000 Camaro, Pewter Metallic, M5 tranny, 3.23 gears, Hard Top, <br /><br />Modifications:<br />SLP loudmouth (dual/dual tips)<br />MSD 8.5mm wires<br />K&N airfilter<br />SS hood (don\'t buy from fiberglassfabricators.com!!!)<br />Spec stage 2 clutch

Comment

NO NO NO!!! You are much better off going back to the body shop and having them do it!

If it is not lined up just right on all of the clips you will bend the $hit out of it, end up paying way too much for a new one and going back to the body shop to have them put it on anyhow. Or even worse, a clip slips and scratches the paint on the door...more money and body shop time.

Trust me man, I work at a shop, its not easy and not worth f'ing it up and looking like crap to just have to buy another one and paying a shop to do it anyhow.
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

its not really that hard.. you just have to pull it back and line up the clips with the holes and put them all in there and snap it down.. i've had to do it twice
          1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

You are lucky man. I dont know what we were doing wrong, but it was a PITA for us.
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Yeah, its already scratched the paint in several places but its underneath the piece so im not really worried about it. But the shop like I said is 70 miles away, and this is my only car. So taking it back to the shop is out of question for now. I don't want anything to do with them anymore since it took them 5 weeks to paint my car and it had mysteriously 55 miles on the odometer that weren't there when I dropped it off. Believe me, its not just lining the clips up and snapping them down, I wish it were that easy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X