@!@!@!@! What INCH C6 RIMS? @!@!@!@! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@!@!@!@! What INCH C6 RIMS? @!@!@!@!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but would a 17 front 18 back combo look a little off? And make it look shackeled up in the back?
    what should i do with my 3.8 maro?

Comment

ehh i just think 18's olook damn good woth gfx, i am gonna go with some 18's proly summer!!

Comment

Go with what you want. Tires for 18s are more expensive, they're heavier, and if you go 17/18 you won't be able to rotate your tires so your gonna be spending more on rubber. Its all up to you.
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

well balls!! Hmm if i had a z28 i wold prolly get the 17's, but since there is no real speed in my 6, i think 18's will be the end result
          what should i do with my 3.8 maro?

Comment

I'm not really understanding your reasoning here. A z28 would have less of a problem with 18s then a 6 would.
            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

If you go 18's just get better gears. There's a formula somewhere that calculates the effective gear ratio depending on the size of your wheels. So for example, if you have 3.23's right now, and if you got the 18in wheels, it may lower your effective ratio to 3.08 or something. So then you'd install 3.73 or 4.10 gears to make up the difference. Of course it won't help with the weight, but it sure would make it less noticeable. That's what I would do.
              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Just get the 17s. They look great, are lighter, and wont slow you down as much.
                Statics Lesson: Moment of Inertia.
                A 40 pound weight rotating around a circle with an 17 inch diameter will be easier to turn than a 40 pound weight rotating around a circle with an 18 inch diameter. Because the weight is further from the center for an 18 inch wheel, even if it weighs the same, it still requires more force to turn it.
                Sorry, I'll try to never do that again.
                Anyways, all that, and 18s will prolly cost you more on for the wheel and more for the shipping per wheel.
                Anywho, here's a couple pics of my 17x9.5s:

~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X