More Transparent Headlamps!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Transparent Headlamps!!

I hate how our cars look with opaque headlamps with the pass of the time. Is there a way to luster them and take away that whitish look?
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Sand them down gradually until you're wetsanding with a superfine (~2000 grit) paper. Then there are many plastic polishing kits available, or I've used standard car polishing/buffing componds to bring out a shine.

Here is an example of a good polishing kit:
    http://www.spadepot.com/products/005novus.htm
    \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Is it look more or less like new after buffing?
      Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

theres a great how-to about this on ls1tech. heres a link:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157192

i had the same problem and did this to them earlier this week. it took about 3-4 hours, but the results are worth it. they look like new.
        98 camaro v6, ssm, mostly stock<br /><br />if i had bumper stickers they would say this:<br /><br />yes, as a matter of fact, i DO own the road!<br /><br />my physics teacher would be happy with my driving: constant acceleration

Comment

Oh my..! This is getting better. Thanks NCState and Silver98 for your input.

Comment

check the faq

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I have already visited the faq: nothing about the question I ask. What do you want to tell me?

Comment

in the FAQ sticky theres a " polish your headlights" or something link. which takes you to a write up on ls1tech.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X