section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• section

what do you guys think my 97 camaro rs would look like with about a 2 inch body section?
    dacandystore

Comment

i think you're going to need to clarify that one chief.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

by section I mean take 2 inches out of the body all around so that it lowers the top half of the body, like they used to do on like the 50 mercury's and the old chevys
        dacandystore

Comment

I think it might look a little wierd...

BUT.......

I hate to say it but what you are talking about is all sorts of hard work I am not sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

first thing to mind...

custom winshield, hatch, windows.... then all the "composite" work to get the pillars to line up etc...

I think you are looking at like a $5k+ project.
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I'm very good with my hands and a welder lol, but i was just wondering what it might look like. I prolly wasn't going to do it
            dacandystore

Comment

well weldding is great and all but it doesn't cut glass, or fix the composite whatever camaros are mostly made of [img]smile.gif[/img]
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

cutting glass is actually very easy, you just score it and break it, or use a glass cutter
                dacandystore

Comment

uhhh its not easy to score glass deep enough to just crack it...drywall is easy liek that, but not glass....
                  Teh Cars:<br />2002 Firebird V6<br />1997 Camaro SS 30th <br />1991 Firebird V6<br />1989 Firebird Formula<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002</a>

Comment

Originally posted by dacandystore:
                    cutting glass is actually very easy, you just score it and break it, or use a glass cutter
                    from my expereince automotive glass doesn't work the same.

Also the rear hatch is worse. Its curved glass.

Comment

a tree!!!!!!!! will fix ur glass problem i promise!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dacandystore:
                        yea its definetly not that easy. you wont be able to make a rear hatch.. just got to a junk yard.
                        Dave:
                        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

sounds like an neat idea, but i wouldnt tackle it without a lot of experience. doesnt sound like you're too serious about doing it anyway... i could be wrong.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

yeah, me and my buddy were just out one day coming up with crazy ideas, and I just wondered what it would look like cause I know it made some of the old rides look sweet, but i don't think the camaro would really be a tall enough vehicle to make it look good, I might just go into paintshop and see how it would look.
                            dacandystore

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              1 week ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              4 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X