can you change the LED in a halo light? pic inside - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you change the LED in a halo light? pic inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you change the LED in a halo light? pic inside

can you get inside the housing and change the LED?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...spagenameZWDVW

like i wonder how they did that..

[ October 09, 2005, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: dmw319 ]
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

I helped my buddy install these in his M I almost put these in my r6, but never did, from the halos Ive seen all it is is fiber optic cable with cuts in it so the light refracts, then a hole is drilled and the led is glued/mounted in there depending on the material you used. so technically yes you can change the led, but depending on how the halos are mounted your gonna have to rip the lens of the headlamp assy. to get to it...alot of work, but depending on your color scheme it could be well worth it....

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

so pretty much yes, just a PITA
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319:
        so pretty much yes, just a PITA
        exactly Ive never seen the halos for the camaros though, they may have access to them right in the back...you'd have to see them, but once you find the led it's no sweat, and you can make them even nicer by putting 4 led's to make the entire halo glow solid instead of having streaks of light at the top...all depends on how much time you have...good luck.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X