Updated pics *again* new carpet and new headlights - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated pics *again* new carpet and new headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated pics *again* new carpet and new headlights

well just click the sig, kinda "swapped" headlights with a lease return 01' sitin on our lot, ok so I jacked em....and the new black carpet ran me 290$ through GM parts, and about a 3 hour install...was fun though, check it out ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Your car is looking DAMN nice! All your mods maintain class (nothing is excessive). I would stop right there and leave your car the way it is because it looks bad-arse. What tint do you have BTW?
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

Question.

When you bought the carpet, were those holes in the back hatch area?

I want to put ebony carpet in my car SO BAD, but i don't want those child hooks. (I've already swapped over to 90% ebony parts, plastic, seats, ect)

and if they don't have the holes in the back, can i get the part number for the carpet. My 98 carpet part number came up at $499 from GMPdirect

Ryan.
      1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

That looks very good! BTW what color is that suede called? Becuase I have an idea and I really like that color of suede how it matches the panels!
        Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

How difficult is it to install suede on a door panel?
          Positive Force For Life<br /><a href=\"http://www.positiveforce-cc.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.positiveforce-cc.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by slow:
            Question.

When you bought the carpet, were those holes in the back hatch area?

I want to put ebony carpet in my car SO BAD, but i don't want those child hooks. (I've already swapped over to 90% ebony parts, plastic, seats, ect)

and if they don't have the holes in the back, can i get the part number for the carpet. My 98 carpet part number came up at $499 from GMPdirect

Ryan.
            yes it came with the holes in it...ask around an dfind a year/model (maro,bird) that doesnt have those holes...and order those...I ordered the wrong one myself, the carpet I got is really graphite...dark enough for me, but could've been better, you want the carpet out of an 02' bird it came true black, no hooks, it was a custom order, and the only reason I get the proce break is from working at a GM dealer...the suede is simply black, to install it...remove your door panel pop out your original piece spray it down with glue, stick on the suede stretch it properly and use some hog rings to secure it, then reattach it...oh and if your thinking about going aftermarket for carpet, dont!...I almost bought some but my order got cancelled numerous times becuase of backorder, besides the fact a buddy of mine ordered carpet for his s-10 and he had a fun time cutting and trying to make the carpet fit just right, the chev carpet plopped right in, for a lack of better words ;)thx guys...ok well now for the question I always ask....what else should I do...or shall I stop and start buying a few go-fast parts for my Go-ped [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] ....IDEAS PLEASE!!!!!!

05' CTS-V

Comment

im surprised nobody has even complimented me on the headlights....that was like an hour of covert op crap....pop-lock, open hood, wait for alarm to go off...do the dirty work...gees, I think it's the biggest improvement....

05' CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by nikon:
                im surprised nobody has even complimented me on the headlights....that was like an hour of covert op crap....pop-lock, open hood, wait for alarm to go off...do the dirty work...gees, I think it's the biggest improvement....
                Umm whats the difference between them and your old ones?

And again about the suede you said it was black.. Take a look at this chart..
                Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

the problem with that is the holes are on all 99 or 2000+ cars, and black carpet (ebony) wasn't offered until 2000 :(

you said 2002 bird, no hooks?

Unless some of the older LT1's had black, but i've never seen it.

the headlights look nice too [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ryan
                  1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by dmiller_2005:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by nikon:
                    Umm whats the difference between them and your old ones?

And again about the suede you said it was black.. Take a look at this chart..
                    </font>[/QUOTE]according to your chart it looks like onyx....there are so many different manufactures and there own colors and names...its hard to say...just say black..it'll work, oh and my old headlights were pretty much yellow :( ...cracked just discusting...new ones are nice and clear....and ya 02' bird....firehawk, something along that line...also the special edition yellow T/A with the black rims...that would be the one I'd look for....

05' CTS-V

Comment

do they make any different headlights for the camaro "new model" I haven't seen any so I was wondering....

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk1:
                        do they make any different headlights for the camaro "new model" I haven't seen any so I was wondering....
                        yes, halo, lights....not my style though...a few people on the board have em already....do a search ;)

05' CTS-V

Comment

I have them...Best thing I ever did to improve the look [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
                          -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X