touching up paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touching up paint

When i first got my car last year someone decided to attempt to key my car...so i have a NOT too noticeable of a scratch down the drivers side, but its pretty annoying. Im going to attempt buffing as much as i can out. but i wanted to know if that touch up paint they sell will work...I spent 6 bucks on a tiny little bottle of it.
    any help would be great
    95 black 3.8 camaro, Intake, Pacesetters, Flowmaster 80 series, accel plugs and wires, B&M shift kit (eh could be better), hopefully a highflow cat soon. and a bunch of appearance mods.

i used the touch up on a few rock chips and small scrathesand it worked ok. Still noticable if you look, but a small slightly off red spot is better than a small white spot.
    97 RS<br />Member Status: F-Body Owner<br />Member Number: 7705<br />Registered: September 13, 2005<br />Posts: 24<br />Email Address: hfoxx123@yahoo.com<br />Location: Minnesota<br />Occupation: Database Administration<br />Homepage: <a href=\"http://none\" target=\"_blank\">http://none</a><br />Car: uh a camaro

Comment

yeah my cars black so im not exactly sure how well its going to look...
      95 black 3.8 camaro, Intake, Pacesetters, Flowmaster 80 series, accel plugs and wires, B&M shift kit (eh could be better), hopefully a highflow cat soon. and a bunch of appearance mods.

Comment

if you want to get a scratch filled.. use a toothpick and dip it in the paint... fill the scratch, then use some light compound to smooth it as best as possible, then do the entire area to make sure there isnt just one buffed spot...

Comment

oh im planning on buffing my entire car. SO i have a nice coat of wax on it for the rest of the fall and winter.
          It reall bites though because now all the stupid acorns that fall on my car make little dents in my hood...

Comment

Are the scratches down to the primer? If not try polishing them out. Touch up paint is best used for rock chips and things of that nature. It doesn't look too good filling in scratches. If the paint is gone, do what Pewter2K1 said...
            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Its down the the primer in a few spots....some parts i can probably buff out, but the other parts ill have to touch up.

Comment

dont ya just love living around all the trees in PA. stupid acorns cracked my dads windshield last year
                '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
                Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

those must be some big acorns.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X