SS Hood Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Hood Quality

Are the SS hoods on ebay good quality? I need a new hood for my car from the accident and I'd love to get an SS hood. I'm scared the ones on ebay though won't fit or will warp or something.

Anyone know any other place where I can get an SS hood and not completely blow the insurance check?

Thanks

(Oh yeah, this is a dumb question but I just wanna be sure. The stock hood, is it made of aluminum? All these new hoods I see are fiberglass, so is that gonna be a significant weight difference? Sorry for the dumb question )
    97 Camaro<br />94 Blazer<br />~

the original ones i do not believe were aluminum. we cant really give you an answer about quality because each seller has a different quality of hood. if its factory OEM, i would expect good quality but other than that, if you can show us a specific link to a seller, we might be able to help more.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Ahh ok. From what mine looks like where the paint was torn off, it seems to be aluminum or steel. I dunno.

Anyways, there's this seller for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...spagenameZWDVW

$450-$500 seems to be the average price without shipping for an SS hood. It looks in the pictures though like it's just some guy out of his little shop or something. I just wanna be sure and with it being on ebay, I can't exactly just go and look at it.

Comment

well, i can tell you that thats not an OEM hood so you need to realize it will not be the same as your friend with an SS 96' camaro (just an example). it will need to be fitted properly by the body shop when you get it painted which all of use who buy aftermarket hoods have to go through. personally, i would not trust buying a hood from someone off ebay who is not a reputable company like lets say SLP had an ebay account and they were selling stuff. so, its up to you to trust the quality of the sellers product when it comes to longevity of the fiberglass. i would try to find someone selling a brand name hood cause you can trust those alittle more

Comment

hey BLLDOGG just noticed your site. neat design! you can use the exact one if you want. looks good though bro!

-dave
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Nah, i dont want to duplicate it cause you deserve the credit of a good deisgn, i just like your design so i thought i would work into mine since it was my first time to do it like that. i did do the Heartland Heat V6 one though :D

Comment

The SLP hood is almost 800 bucks. That's going to take a bit of saving up.

Comment

i was just giving you an example. look for other brands that you can trust be good a reputible company so you know its not some backtard body shop.

Comment

Ok sounds good. Thanks for the advice man.

Comment

dz, the fiberglass hoods are lighter than the stock steel hoods. Also, I sent you mail.
                    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X