Interior Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Question

I have been working on my interior in my camaro: I have insulated it and got new carpet...the color of the interior was tan origionally when I got the car and I am in the process of converting it to black.....I am on a highschool budget though so I was wondering if it would be worth sanding down the interior panels and painting them black and red as an accent color or going out and ordering different panels

If i was to paint the interior panels what is the best kind of paint to use so it will not scratch up or is it not possible for it to last

Thanks for being patient with me I am a Newbie

Thanks again..
    Black 1996 Camaro 3800 Series II with tan leather seats<p>Modifications: K&N Filter, 2 12\" Power Acoustik, 1800 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, 600 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, Custom Box, White Gauge overlay with switch, Custom Interior

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=5&t=005679
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

all red interior panals will make your car look like a toy(or crap, whichever word you prefer)

id do black and sliver accents. wont stick out as much as red, and still give you that customized look.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ian:
        all red interior panals will make your car look like a toy(or crap, whichever word you prefer)

id do black and sliver accents. wont stick out as much as red, and still give you that customized look.
        <hr></blockquote>

whats wrong with red?
        isnt that all a question of opinion?

Comment

first off, if u sand, it will not have the same texture.

second, i tried that. even with interior paint, it would scratch if it was scratched hard enough, which isnt that hard . Say you throw somthing in the back and it hits a panel. or people hit your kick panels.

I just go on ebay
          bought new carpet
          all new paneling
          200 sq feet of dynamat

all ended up being ~600 bux, dynamat was half of it.

Comment

well, black and red is way to commonly used. if you want to be tactful in your accents, and not have people go "HOLY CRAP HIS INTERIOR IS BRIGHT!" id use something like silver.

Comment

Yea but when u have a red car with graphite interior, red doesn't look bad at all...at least to me. Besides who cares what other people think, its not their car and so they having nothing to say. If someones wants their interior red and likes it, then kudos to them, don't worry what others think. Personally, I am going with red interior because my car is red and it will look nice in my opinion. Besides, who throws crap at someones vents and radio anyways? I think the paint will be ok...just my opinion...
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Since nobdoy actually answered the question, I used Krylon plastic primer (2 coats), Krylon red (3-5 coats), Krlon clear gloss (2 coats) on black interior. I also sanded the interior parts. Each can is about $2.27 at Home Depot. Good for budget restrictions.

And, of course the paint will evetually scratch and chip unless you plan to change all of the interior parts to metal and get them enamel coated.
                Zaino; FireBatCave Decals; Red Inside<br /><br />K&N Filter & Lid; Removed MAF screen; FRA; Raised Air Box; 180°F Stat; BMR STB; 3\" Catco & S-pipe; Borla Cat-Back; O2 Sim; HPPIII; NGK TR55s; Taylor 8mm wires<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300</a>

Comment

Thank you all for the replies

I am going to buy the 10 peice kit from a junk yard and get the black ones and accent my dash and other various peices with the red

BTW I love red on black no matter what other people say :D

Thanks for the tips Steve Do you have any pics?? If you do could you please send them to
                  Bigmouths3@icqmail.com
                  Black 1996 Camaro 3800 Series II with tan leather seats<p>Modifications: K&N Filter, 2 12\" Power Acoustik, 1800 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, 600 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, Custom Box, White Gauge overlay with switch, Custom Interior

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X