switching firebird cluster for camaro cluister - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

switching firebird cluster for camaro cluister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching firebird cluster for camaro cluister

i want to switch my gauge cluster wiht a used camaro one.. they are both 98's.. mine is kinda scratchs and im gonna send it to speed hut to make the indiglos.. will the odomater and all that just reset if i put the camaro one in?

The odometer will be the same as the one that the car came from. So it will be the same as the one from the Camaro.
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

oh damn! i was hoping it would reset some how damn it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hockyman88:
        oh damn! i was hoping it would reset some how damn it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: <hr></blockquote>

lol no I believe that is called odometer fraud
        2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

So what if someone wanted to perform odometer fraud..... :rolleyes:
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

haha not reset to 0 miles lol, i wanted it to reset to what my odometer is so i can have a new cluster instead of on old dirty scratch one [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

O ok that is easy to do sort of. What you have to do is take both clusters apart and just trade out the odometer. It takes about an hour and is really straight forward. I did it on my 00 and it was easy.

Comment

oh, that sounds like what im gonna do, did u just do it ur self or is there like instructions on how to do it some where?

Comment

is there a way to reset the odometer on the digital ones?
                  1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

oh, that sounds like what im gonna do, did u just do it ur self or is there like instructions on how to do it some where?<hr></blockquote>

Just did it myself.

Comment

so u can help me out if i get stuck on it [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RSFireDog:
                        is there a way to reset the odometer on the digital ones?<hr></blockquote>

The mileage is stored in the computer anyway. You could get busted.
                        <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EyeOutThere:

The mileage is stored in the computer anyway. You could get busted.
                          <hr></blockquote>

O no its not :D
                          I cheated my odometer all the time. There is a fuse you can pull to turn it off.

Comment

haha what fuse would that be ;)

Comment

haha what fuse would that be ;) <hr></blockquote>

Well for the 98+ it is the fuse labeled gages in the interior fusebox. Be aware that that shuts off all of your guages but you can still use your cruise control.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X