Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Xenon lights worth it?

How good are they? Do they truly improve visibility? Are they legal? Thanks
    1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula All Black,red 30th anniversary T/A style racing stripes tinted windows, tailight blackouts, Firehawk-style foglamps Flowmaster exhaust, Moroso Cold Air, leather interior, and my favorite, Ttops<p>1994 3.4 cutom red/black painted firebird,<br />k&n filtercharger, dual outlet exhaust, firehawk-style<br />foglamps, 2000 T/A take off wheels<br />(Finally sold the girl)

Real xenon lights, yes they are worth it, they are much brighter than stock lights and are legal. If youre talking about those imitation ones for like 60 bucks, they suck. They are VERY dim, and definiatly (sp?) not worth it.

[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: Camaro3.8L ]</p>
    1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

I agree with 3.8L above. The real Xenon HID lights are very good but very expensive. Now if you are talking about the "xenon" bulbs you can buy. I have already gone thru 1 set of 9005 bulbs in under two weeks. I like the look but I am worried about the length of productivity.

Comment

How much are the "real" ones and can real ones be called "xenon hid" ?
        1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula All Black,red 30th anniversary T/A style racing stripes tinted windows, tailight blackouts, Firehawk-style foglamps Flowmaster exhaust, Moroso Cold Air, leather interior, and my favorite, Ttops<p>1994 3.4 cutom red/black painted firebird,<br />k&n filtercharger, dual outlet exhaust, firehawk-style<br />foglamps, 2000 T/A take off wheels<br />(Finally sold the girl)

Comment

Real ones go for around $500 for just low beams I think. Yes, real ones are called xenon HID (high intensity discharge), but that's what the fake ones say on them too, which is total BS.
          1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

thanks,

well, I guess I just bought the cheap ones then :) I got the ones with the wiring harness for a firebird. I hope that they will be good and they won't burn out on me every 2 weeks at least :)

Comment

Heh, well you might have some good luck with them. I bought those bulbs for my car too, and nobody warned me about them, thinking I would get some better lighting. I've been too lazy to switch them back, and they have been working fine for 7 months and haven't fried anything yet *knock on wood*.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdSlickG94:
                thanks,

well, I guess I just bought the cheap ones then :) I got the ones with the wiring harness for a firebird. I hope that they will be good and they won't burn out on me every 2 weeks at least :)
                <hr></blockquote>
                I just installed these "imitation" Xenon lights, and while they might not true xenon lights, they do have xenon gas in them and they are very bright, along with my Xenon foglights.
                New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mr_man:

I just installed these "imitation" Xenon lights, and while they might not true xenon lights, they do have xenon gas in them and they are very bright, along with my Xenon foglights.
                  <hr></blockquote>

Me too!! I just installed some 80watt 9006 bulbs for my low beams that has xenon gas in them. They are pretty bright. The illumination is very white/slight bluish and slightly flourescent like on the road and more spread out. I got them for 15 bucks. The dim ones you are talking about are prolly the 55watts ones. They are dim because of the coating on the glass that gives it that white color look.
                  Much easier on the wallet than the real deal.
                  [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                  1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

i believe mine are 90w low beam and 100w high beam
                    New Car: 2004 GTP Comp G (Test Vehicle) 13.936@99.32 <br />Mods: Cylinder Filter,No Mufflers, 3.3\" <br />Old Car: 2000 Formula 13.124 @ 106.01 with 2.73\'s<br />Other Car: 1993 Firebird 16.1@83

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X