minor body work question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minor body work question

I just noticed the paint starting to bubble by the corner of my tailight. It's barely noticeable, but should I get it fixed right away? If so, what's the best way to match the paint (it's black)? I've done some minor rust repair before, but not on a Camaro in a noticeable spot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well, if its bubling, it's probably rusty under there. Matching black paint in a small area isn't all that difficult.

You'll just have to sand the paint down to the rust, grind the rust out and either lead or fill the spot. Sand, prime, paint, clear.

It's just like any other body work. Don't let the fact that it's a GM scare you! ;)

-Brian
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

What year is your car and how many miles does it have on it? Might still be covered by warrantee.
      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X