My plans any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My plans any recommendations?

Ok here's my dillema I'm stuck w/ a '98 Firebird V6, and I need to raise the value so as when I sell it I'll get more to spend on a down payment for a nicer car like a Lotus or Viper...Just the resale value on these cars sux if ur a 6. Not even all that great if ur an 8. Well the car was bought brand new whenever the '98 models came out and it's been stock ever since... Well now my dad has lent me some money and for every dollar i can make it go over the true value of the car I don't have to pay him back. The rear wing has had hell over time due to out house being on a hill and the water got caught in the spiler and back in the Texas heat, so now there cracking in the clear coat and discoloration all cuz the spoiler cant bleed the water. The car was keyed a while back by sum bytch So my ideas were...

-Ram air hood w/ silver n white stripes(hood only)
    -white flame thats on the Hot wheels Civic (keyed)
    -paint the ram air inserts white...
    -get chrome mirror tint
    -get stock ground effects painted white
    -powder coat the wheels white
    -blue undercar lights
    -dual DynoMax mufflers
    -chrome tips
    -interior neons
    *got the K&N intake
    *got the system from my MR2 that I'll install (2 rockford HE2s, Profile Califonia Series amp 800 watt...
    *have premium Monsoon sound system...

So what do you guyz think? will this help raise the value of the car and any other ideas on how to raise the cars value?Not really looking for enjoyment out of the car...just to raise the sale value...

:maybe: white leather seats, meacham hood, meacham spoiler...anything else that cheap but would give a higher return...
    MyKiE<br />1998 Firebird Y87 - (K&N Filter, DynoMax exhaust)<p>1991 Toyota MR2 - (Yamaha 3S-GTE motor, polyurathane hardened motor mounts, CP intake, custom 2\" boost meter, A\'PEXi S-AFC, Supra 550 injectors, Blitz \"Super-Sound\" blow off valve, MBC@14psi, GReddy SP catback w/ gutted cat, GReddy Turbo Timer, 93+MR2 15\" wheels, K&N breather, ATS downpipe, GReddy side mount intercooler, GReddy TD06 turbocharger upgrade kit fully polished and ceramic coated, Veilside body kit-torn side skirt and broken BoMeX front end, Fiber Images carbon fiber hood, Suspension Techniques springs, KYB shock and struts, Profile 1000 watt Califonia series amp, 2 8\" Rockford HE2s)<p><a href=\"http://www.jgtc.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.jgtc.com</a>

You'd be wasting more money. Don't even waste your time. Sell it now if you don't want it.
    2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by epic:
      You'd be wasting more money. Don't even waste your time. Sell it now if you don't want it.<hr></blockquote>

ditto

bling bling!
      -Steve

Comment

The only thing I might consider doing is repairing the damage, and only if you can find someone to do it cheap. You will have a tough time getting any money out of the mods you mentioned, and at the same time narrowing your potential buyers group. Many would not want to buy a car with all that stuff on it. Clean it up with a thorough detail, maybe look into repairing the paint damage and get rid of it. You will take an immediate hit on the mods from the moment you buy them, and may not get anything out of them.

Comment

well I'm kinda hoping to sell it to sum dumb *** kid in Flower Mound that'll think it's cool and his parent wont let him have a V8...and he'll think he has the fastest car on earth...you know how domestic ricers are...hehe. You see kids in Civics do it all the time...so there has to be a few domestics out there...specially in Dallas...domestics everywhere. My dad is prolly gonna get screwed over by a dealership when he takes it in...like $4K for a '98 w/ that Y-78 er sumthin like that performance package, which even in my opinion is a little low for a 47K car...

Just think some apperance mods, and a loud exhaust...that what civics do rite??? hehe.
          MyKiE<br />1998 Firebird Y87 - (K&N Filter, DynoMax exhaust)<p>1991 Toyota MR2 - (Yamaha 3S-GTE motor, polyurathane hardened motor mounts, CP intake, custom 2\" boost meter, A\'PEXi S-AFC, Supra 550 injectors, Blitz \"Super-Sound\" blow off valve, MBC@14psi, GReddy SP catback w/ gutted cat, GReddy Turbo Timer, 93+MR2 15\" wheels, K&N breather, ATS downpipe, GReddy side mount intercooler, GReddy TD06 turbocharger upgrade kit fully polished and ceramic coated, Veilside body kit-torn side skirt and broken BoMeX front end, Fiber Images carbon fiber hood, Suspension Techniques springs, KYB shock and struts, Profile 1000 watt Califonia series amp, 2 8\" Rockford HE2s)<p><a href=\"http://www.jgtc.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.jgtc.com</a>

Comment

There are a lot of rich kids in the DFW area, but you are opening yourself up to taking an even bigger loss by adding the mods and then selling. If you sell it as is, your cost will only be the purchase price. If you add the mods you are now adding a couple thousand dollars to that total. You can then try to get that money out of it, but you may also not find a buyer and will still only get the crappy trade in at the dealer after spending a few thousand. And a dealer will not give you anything for the mods.

It is cool to see all the domestics running around down here in DFW but the drawback from you point of few is....well....that there are alot of domestics running around down here!! a buyer isn't forced to take the first one he finds. You will need to find a true idiot in order to make the mods worth your time and money.

Comment

What I would do if I were you is basically what everyone is saying but if your dad is going to give you money then just make the car better stock wise. Such as fixing the paint and adding any amenities such as leather and what not that it doesn't have, if it doesn't have it.

As far as finding some dumb kid to buy a suped up car, just like everyone says, it's not worth hoping for. To reiderate,you're going to put all that money into it and you'll probably not even get half of your money out of it, if even that. If you've researched Camaro's on places such as autotrader.com you'll see that there are some cars with such mods as rims, exhaust, and audio systems. Now that's around 3-5 g's if not more. A 98 right now is going for around 10 g's and if you think someone is going to pay 13-15 for a car with 50k, well, it's highly unlikely. The simple fact that LS1's are going for 13 g's puts us V6'ers way down to the bottom of the barrel when it comes to reselling. Just try not to put too many miles on it and clean it up. If it doesn't have a CD player, put a CD player in it. You know, PW, PL, anything that would make the value go up as well as make it more wanted. You can get stuff like that used out of recked F-Bodys from places like speedautomotive.com and tacreations.com

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: ItalianStallion1 ]</p>
              1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

On the spoiler take it to the dealer it may be covered under the paint protections warantee.
                2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

1 word: EBAY :cool:
                  black 2000 camaro v6<br />GTS blackouts, 20% tint all around, clear corners, Panasonic Head Unit, Whisper lid & Whisper ram air, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, 3\" Edelbrock Catback, Mac SFC\'s, Milhouse box from Subthump w/ 12\' Kicker SL7<p>LIFBA Member #044 <br /><a href=\"http://www.lifba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.lifba.com</a>

Comment

Umm, With a New Viper you need 65% down in most cases and you cant finance a Lotus. You better start saving.

Edit- You can get a bank loan to make up the rest if you have good credit.

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: 97chevycamaro ]</p>
                    Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Umm, With a New Viper you need 65% down in most cases and you cant finance a Lotus. You better start saving. <hr></blockquote>

This is kinda related to my first impressions of your post. If you are actually considering one of those cars, I don't see how a thousand dollars would be that significant in the whole scheme of things? Either one is going to cost substantially more than the F-body, not to mention insurance premiums!!

Comment

well if the dealer will give you 4 k ill give you $6000 cash and ill even drive down and pick it up !! :D
                        AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

Like everyone else said, don't mod. I don't think one person in the history of this board did a mod to increase the value of their car. We do it because we love our cars and want them to be in the army, the best they can be or something. If you want to raise the value fix anything thats wrong with it and do little things that are cheap and add detail. Polish everything aluminum under the hood, when they pop the hood to look they'll be all amazed [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] maybe get some fill-ins from reflective concepts. But what ever you do it's not going to raise the value much. Anyways even if you got an extra thousand or two, what the hell is that towards a viper? not much if you ask me. Just take the money your dad gives you and tell him you bought a super charger or super high performance blinker fluid, what ever you want and keep the money. You'll be lucky to get half of it back out. Any ways it's very rare that you can sell a car for more than you paid, no matter what car it is.
                          1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

:rolleyes:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X