BB Dent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB Dent

I have a small dent in the door, looks like a B.B., but probably a rock. Chipped the paint also.
    What can I do?

Get the door panel off, get to the dent inside and lightly hammer it out.

From the outside: Sand down the chipped paint starting with 600 grit sandpaper then move to 1000 grit, get some spot-putty and smear it over the high or low spots then sand again with 1000 grit until smooth. After the spot os flush, go over with 2000 grit (wet), then paint.

Touchup Paint is NOT recommended for repainting after this repair!
    sigpic

Comment

Damn, that's alot of work.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Crashtest:
        Damn, that's alot of work.
        That's if you want it done right. You can ghetto it with touchup paint, but it won't be pretty.
        sigpic

Comment

Look in the yellow pages, or talk to a body shop for a DENTMAN (PDR-Paintless Dent Removal)...like my dad, he owns Quality Dent Repair

Takes a few minutes, and a hella lot less work than abouve, and cheap too...

Good luck
          1997 Camaro RS- Y87<br /> -Headers-Exhaust-CAI-Ground FX, Blah Blah Blah...Nitrous???<br />Check it out:<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silver6_maro\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silver6_maro</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X