Where to find factory ground effects - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find factory ground effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find factory ground effects

I know this question has probley all ready been asked but were can I find factory ground effects for 98 up and around how much do you think it whould cost to get painted and put on ?
    98camaro

You can buy them from body shops as factory replacements. I almost ordered a kit from the shop I work for awhile back when I had my other 97, but they are HELLA more expensive that way and I was getting it at wholesale. You are better off going aftermarket considering they dont look a whole lot different anyhow.

To paint it and put it on from shop? Mmmm, around $250-$300 ballpark. Thats is high ballpark figure, but I would rather tell you more than less. Also depends on the shop. Its not very labor intensive, but paint and clear coat is very expensive.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Year One sells them for $1200.00
      Too damn high! I bought Xenon from Stillen that looks 100% better than stock for 599.00

Comment

Year one is way too expensive for some of their stuff. I would go with the Xenon or Stillen as well. Or the Wings West kit looks pretty cool too and its about $900. A little steeper, but better than $1200!

http://www.groundeffects.com/ge/chevcamaro98.htm
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

^ I think Stillen is the company that he bought his Xenon kit from, not a unique type of ground effects. Also, that is the Xenon kit that you linked for $900, although it can be found for much much less.
          \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Is that the same kit? I thought it was different. Ok, well if you can get that kit for much cheaper than go that route.
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

I think the xenon front with the factory sides and rear whould look the best I dont really like the twisty sides skirt with the Xenon But dang there all expensive.
              98camaro

Comment

Re: Where to find factory ground effects

http://dealershipdesigns.com/camaro/camaro.html

FOUND THIS SITE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO

Comment

ive posted this before, but here it is again, for $559, its a complete replica y3f sport appearance package gfx kit, and claims OEM quality fit and appearance. heres the link, http://www.autotrucktoys.com/autobod...ategory_ID=826 hope this helps.

Comment

^^^ wow thats not bad for a camaro.... why the hell is the firebirds kit $1056 though?? is it because we have cooler cars and so the price is marked up or what?? haha j/k... its kinda rediculous though...
                    disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardrunner
                      ^^^ wow thats not bad for a camaro.... why the hell is the firebirds kit $1056 though?? is it because we have cooler cars and so the price is marked up or what?? haha j/k... its kinda rediculous though...
                      I think because of the more curved body lines.
                      sigpic
                      1997 Camaro RS A4
                      2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

nah man, the price is so high cause they figured if you didnt but a camaro, and wasted money buying a ugly firebird, they figured youd waste even more money on an ugly body kit :omg: , lol, just playin, later

Comment

Just don't get those stupid ricer kits...
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X