This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro Coming Along

Alright, still waiting on my tax refund to get my body kit and paint job, but went ahead and got a spoiler to balance out my cowl hood. Its a wings west commando, I know everyone hates those...but it was basically free...and honestly now that I have it on my car, I would have paid full price for it. As ussually I know lots of you will hate the wing, my yellow/black interior, my altezzas, or any combition of those....so I'll just say this so I don't have to responded to flamers...I COULD CARE LESS IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CAR! :D

Okay here's the pics...Love them or hate them...BTY I LOVE IT!

Oh yea...for those who don't like the "fart cannon" (as some so eliquintely put it) I already have a stock z28 muffler and as soon as i get my electric exhaust cut out..I'll have duals
    1998 Chevy Camaro :<br />Custom Yellow/Black Interior, 4\"Cowl Hood,WW Commando Wing, 1LE Driveshaft, Whisper Lid, Fast Toys Ram Air, Hotchkis Suspension......MANY MANY MANY MORE<br /><br /><a href=\"http://reevolution.t2u.com\" target=\"_blank\"><br />Re-evolution Street Concepts<br />Houston , Texas</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.rankmyride.com/spitfire_one\" target=\"_blank\">Pics of the Camaro</a>

i have to say, if you want my honest opinion i dont really like it... but that shouldnt matter to you one bit ;)

if i were you I'd add some yellow to the outside, to at least balance it. I would say its begging for some chrome wheels and some yellow accents outside (brake calipers/fill ins/3800 decal?... i would say anything subtle, but i dont really think youre going for subtle [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) maybe even yellow racing stripes just to bring it together...?

If you like it man... then thats cool... im guessing you came here for advice/opinions... so there are mine

so, im confused, did you get the spoiler because you liked it or cause it was free [img]smile.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88:

if i were you I'd add some yellow to the outside, to at least balance it. I would say its begging for some chrome wheels and some yellow accents outside (brake calipers/fill ins/3800 decal?... i would say anything subtle, but i dont really think youre going for subtle [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) maybe even yellow racing stripes just to bring it together...?
      I Should mention now about the paint job. I relize its lacking on yellow on the outside. When she's painted her in the next few months She'll be orginal onyx black with black flake on the clear coat. On the front of the car there will be racing stripe going around the cowl that turn into racing flags once they reach the windsheild. And my calipers are yellow....just need a really good scrubbing...acutally prolly need to be re painted [img]tongue.gif[/img] Wheel wise, I hate chrome wheels....too me they look tacky..But thats just me. My current rims are just to tide me over until I get my actually aftermarket rims. They will either be zr1 grandsports or just a nice set of 17s that I'll have powder coated black with a silver lip. And I just put on the yellow fill for the rear..just didn't take the pic yet.

If you like it man... then thats cool... im guessing you came here for advice/opinions... so there are mine
      Actually I just came here to show the progress of my car...People can give their advice/opinions if they want...but of course I already know what I wanna do with my car...so I will read the adive given...but I will more than likely not take it..since i'm not really looking for any advice. I'm not here to please the other f-body owners, we have an annoying habbit of thinking we (as f-body owners) know whats best for other peoples f-bodys :D

so, im confused, did you get the spoiler because you liked it or cause it was free [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB]
      The wings west commando wing was actually my second choice. My first choice was the LG wing. It was a really good deal for the commando spoiler...and when I saw it acually on my car...I knew it was the one my car wanted [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh and I liked it too :D

[ April 04, 2004, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: The Hunted ]
      1998 Chevy Camaro :<br />Custom Yellow/Black Interior, 4\"Cowl Hood,WW Commando Wing, 1LE Driveshaft, Whisper Lid, Fast Toys Ram Air, Hotchkis Suspension......MANY MANY MANY MORE<br /><br /><a href=\"http://reevolution.t2u.com\" target=\"_blank\"><br />Re-evolution Street Concepts<br />Houston , Texas</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.rankmyride.com/spitfire_one\" target=\"_blank\">Pics of the Camaro</a>

Comment

[I will will say this loochy88, eveyone is entitled to there opions. I'm not going to sit here and get offended or what not because someone doesn't like my car, You can't please everyone...but the only perosn you should be worried about pleasing is yourself....And your chick ;)

[ April 04, 2004, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: The Hunted ]

Comment

i would say tint the windows and black everything out on the exterior.

Comment

Personally, I would have gone with a SS spoiler, what happened to the "American" on our American made cars?... other than that and those taillights, pretty cool...
            Where'd you get those headlights? Where, just WHERE ON EARTH did you find those gauges? I can only find them for Z's and 3.4's but never a 3.8 and I don't want reverseglow's... When you painted your interior, how did the center shifter console come off? and how do the panels around the vents and controls come off? do they just pull off or do you have to unscrew anything? What about the glove box? I was thinking of doing mine like that but only a navy blue instead of yellow... did you buy custom leather for your seats? did you paint them or apply vinyl?...

cool car
            1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Whats one of best reasons to drive a camaro or a firebird? To grab peoples attention and make them stare. And im sure The Hunted gets plenty of attention [img]smile.gif[/img] . I like his car why? Its orginal, and the only thing i would change would be the single outlet to a dual and he is, so keep it coming man.
              1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
              Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

Tint should be your next mod
                \"Well, we don\'t care how bad-*** some dude\'s N/A Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900+ pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you\'re gonna get a fast and furious old-school ***-whipping.\"

Comment

Tint is deff high on my list. I'm still trying to find a good deal on it. Everyone is saying it'll run 100 + to tint. Oh well..anyways, gonna get 35 on the windows and prolly 20 on the hatch.

As far as the indiglos, I got them on ebay. Just got lucky and found it on there so i didn't have to pay full price. If you don't want to wait to find it on ebay go here:guages

Seats are vinyl seats covers. Not the cheap universal type the company makes them specific for each model type. Awesome quality thick material. Basically you pay 100 per seat, sold in pairs they cost 199.95 for the front seats and 199.95 for the rear.
                  Link

All the tirm peices just pull off except for the center console and the glove box. The glove box has a few scews holding it on..just open the box and u'll see the top screws...I forget were the bottom screws are...just have to look. The center console has 2 screws, when u open the arm rest u'll see 2 scew holding on the center console, that the only screws on that one.

Dual exhaust coming just waiting on my electric exhaust cut-out.

The headlights are just projector gts covers.

Attention is defiently good. And yea, I deff get that with my car. People see it on the road, they might love it, the might hate it...but bottom line is they're going to stare at it, and they'll remember it. :D

Comment

Where'd ya get the GTS covers?
                    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

hey Hunted, I just got %35 on the sides and %20 on the back....
                      http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=5;t=006338
                      \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

[img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
                        RedlineVSix

Comment

Your car looks dirty, maybe it is time for a new paint job.
                          Cardomain

Comment

i know that car, wait wait, its the star of 3 times too fast and furious. J/K I dont really mind the spoiler, but the yellow interior and headlight covers are kinda faggish in the butt**** kinda way
                            Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro:
                              Where'd ya get the GTS covers?
                              I got mine for silvachris (board member). But you can get them from rksport and prolly on ebay.

Originally posted by eDoog:
                              hey Hunted, I just got %35 on the sides and %20 on the back....
                              I like that alot...def gonna go ahead a get the 20 on the back...in texas the darkest you can have on the rear is 35...but I doubt they'll notice.

Originally posted by PewterBird:
                              Your car looks dirty, maybe it is time for a new paint job.
                              You probably should have read the posts. First line "Alright, still waiting on my tax refund to get my body kit and paint job"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X