Loochy.... question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loochy.... question...

Hey man, I was looking at your car on cardomain and I wanted to know how you installed your gauge overlay? I bought one a last summer, tried installing it and cracked my dash pad :D . I sold it, but I want to get it again because it will match my head unit perfectly! Basically, how the hell did you get to the gauge cluster?
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

[img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
    http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...replyto=000017

Originally posted by Loochy88:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CamAroFaNaTic:
    I just got the same gauges....im glad i got them, they look good........were they hard to install...how did u do it?
    you have to take out a few dash panels, i believe it went in this order:

1.) panel under steering wheel
    2.)loosen panel around shifter
    3.)panel around radio
    5.) panel behind steering wheel
    then youll be at the gauges, i took off the clear plastic thing, then the black plastic over the gauge panel, then you put the gauges on. you wire them in. i wired it into the but yellow wire behind the headlights. (you will want to find a different wire if you want them to come on when you only put on your parking lights. i messed that up. mine only come on when the headlights come on... which is ok for now. youll want to find the wire that comes on when the parking lights are on)
    </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

hope that helps [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

oh damn! so you don't even need to take the cluster out then?! Well that's where I messed up!

Thanks A LOT man.
      \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

Did you take the needles off or did you leave them on, and how did you adjust them after putting the overlay on?

Comment

Originally posted by eDoog:
          Did you take the needles off or did you leave them on, and how did you adjust them after putting the overlay on?
          you can slide them on behind the needles... no need to take them off.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

damn I'm such a moron. I thought I had to pull the gauge cluster out and that's how I cracked my dash when all I had to do was take off the plastic cover..... argh!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X