No announcement yet.

bent fender bracket help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first time I ever jacked up my own car I jacked it on on that spot, I assumed it was a pinch weld. I did it in the middle of the night. The next day I noticed both sides were flaring out. Easy fix, I used a hammer and a piece of wood and hammer the sucker back in. Worst of all the Pontiac dealer also did this to my car last yr :rolleyes: and I again had to hammer it back in.
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

i jack from the frame rails, with a flat piece of 1/4" steel on top of my jack, to spread the load.

... previous owner jacked my car by the fender tab, and not only bent it, but the jack went through the fender, and ground effect...

Ryan
      1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Yeah, happened to me too. Had some new wheels and tires mounted at this auto place and the person working it must've lifted it on the fender. Both my fenders came out. I took it back, they denied it, then after bugging them about it, they fixed it for me.

Just had to bend it back. They had the tools, I didn't.
        Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

yeah some places always seem to wanna give you a hard time. That was nice of them to fix it for you though. I think if I ever need any tire work done or whatever I'll just take the wheels off at home and only bring the wheels alone to a tire center.

:mad: Hopefully it will warm up where I live so I can finally get under the car and bend those brackets back. I hate working on cars when my fingers are numb. lol
          2006 Tiburon

Comment

I've got that problem with one side of my car too. I tried jacking on the honeycomb plastic piece, figuring it was the correct place to jack. My car lifted about 4 inches or so and then the panel popped out a bit and the car dropped a little. Now the panel is sticking out a little bit. What is the easiest way to pop it back into the car correctly? Is there a specific tool that needs to be used in order to do it right?
            1996 Pontiac Firebird: A4, Flowmaster 80 Series, dual 3\" Stainless Steel tips, SLP CAI, Alpine CDA-9813 deck, Infinity speakers, Alpine Type R sub, MTX Thunder 801d amp, Tsunami 2 Farad Capacitor.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/firebirdfury\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/firebirdfury</a>

Comment

I plan on bending the bracket back in place tomorrow. From what everyone else is saying, only thing you'll need is a pair of vise grips (or some big ol' pliers) to simply bend it back.

The theory seems to be: What bends out ... Must bend in lol

I'll post some pics tomorrow.
              2006 Tiburon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X