Removing scratches in vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing scratches in vinyl

I have a bunch of tiny white scratches on one section of my black vinyl stripes. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove these or at least touch them up?
    2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

just buy new ones, they are cheap

Comment

Generally, I don't like this stuff, but using colored polish can work temporarily.

Another possibility is to spray the decal with vinyl dye. Duplicolor and a couple of other companies make it. I have used it on interior parts and it has worked well. Just make sure your taping job is perfect.
      2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Red2K1:

Another possibility is to spray the decal with vinyl dye. Duplicolor and a couple of other companies make it. I have used it on interior parts and it has worked well. Just make sure your taping job is perfect.
        <hr></blockquote>

if you did that wouldnt you be worried about it getting through the vinyl onto the paint? i dunno if something like that cuold happen, but i wold be worried. and yeah, do make sure the taping job is perfect. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X