Part #102285051 from Flow Chevrolet arrived - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part #102285051 from Flow Chevrolet arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part #102285051 from Flow Chevrolet arrived

AKA black 98+ "Firebird" door badges from gmpartsdirect.com.

Even with shipping, the total cost was $17 cheaper than from the local dealer.
    [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Everglades W68 ]</p>
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

How much total?

Edit -
    And what are you going to put them on with?

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: The Sandman ]</p>
    <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

GMpartsdirect.com = $26.99, including S&H. Local dealer stated they cost $22 each.

They come with the adhesive backing already attached. Just peel and stick.

Today I'm working on getting the sticky gunk removed from the old ones. Some earlier threads were useful with tips on doing this.

I'm thinking of getting one of those little bottles of touch-up petwer paint and painting the little spaces between the letters.

I considered just removing the old badges and painting them black, but now I've got the originals to put back on if I ever change my mind.

Comment

The only problem I'm running into is that the removal suggestions call for using an ice scraper to remove the adhesive remains.

What's an ice scraper??? :D :D :D

Comment

lol sheltered child come to Colorado you'll find out, don't use one though it will scratch use fishing line and a good goo remover.
          2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
            lol sheltered child come to Colorado you'll find out, don't use one though it will scratch use fishing line and a good goo remover.<hr></blockquote>

might have been me that suggested the ice scraper,it's what i used. i'm not talking a metal one here, mine was plastic. but it worked fine, no scratches. i used hair dryer and fishing line to get the letters off, then hair dryer again to warm up the glue, and ice scraper to get the majority of it off, then used goo gone for the rest. paint still looked perfect afterwards [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: whiteshark ]</p>
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

I used a fishing line to cut through the adhesive backing. I then used a very low tech method to remove the black remains of the adhesive: my fingernail. Goo Gone did the remaining clean up of the sticky stuff. Dish-washing liquid and water did the final clean up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X