Has anyone removed the moulding ??? that is around the lower part of a 93-97 firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone removed the moulding ??? that is around the lower part of a 93-97 firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone removed the moulding ??? that is around the lower part of a 93-97 firebird

Does anyone know what the he!! i am talking about. Right above were it says firebird it has that plastic molding. Well my car is white and its 6 years old i wanna just remove that stuff. I just wondered if anyone has done it before cause i dont wanna seem to be there or something gay like that it i take it off. Getting it off shouldnt be hard im sure that its just that adhesive crap. Well any advice would be appreciated.
    AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

the sandman has done it...i plan on doing it to mine in the near future, i think it looks good....
    <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Check out these two directories, you'll run across some pics there.
      http://sandman.v8tec.com/Firebird/10.22.02
      http://sandman.v8tec.com/Firebird/10.26.02

Let me know if you have any questions.
      <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

I've done it, makes it look a lot sleaker, make sure you wax over the part you take off.
        AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

Yes, see pictures in sig.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Oh he!! yeh taht looks exactley like i was hoping it would, just fishing string and goo gone ... then wash and wax ?? thanx
            AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

I removed the trim from my Camaro but had mixed results. One side came off clean, but the other left some deep marks in the clear. Almost like the adhesive had reacted with it. Most people wouldn't notice it, but considering the time I put into keeping the car looking its best, I was a little disappointed. I have tried buffing the marks out with no success. It didn't do anything to the color coat, just the clear, so I could probably just have the area of the car recleared. Most don't seem to have issues when doing this, as none of the searching on the boards said anything when I was looking for info, but you should know that it isn't entirely risk free [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] Best of luck if you decide to do it.

Comment

Removed the moldings, the sticky s*!@ that it was attached with and all residue using bug/tar (clearcoat safe) remover and the firebird emblems on the side so that you cannot tell whether it's a six or not. Like the mystery, but all remaining emblems not gonna be changed at all, and no t/a or formula emblems going on in place, just mucho sleeker without that stuff on side.
                C. Boney<br />1997 Firebird 3.8L V6<br />---------------------<br />Modifications:<br /> <br /> SLP Cold Air Induction, Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Carsound 3\" High Flow Cat, Sweet Thunder 24\" Chambered Muffler, Removed Rear Exhaust Section, Custom Fan Switch, 35th Anniv. Silver Stripes, Old T/A-Style Silver Sail Birds

Comment

Hey Brandon,
                  I think someone in RPM did it.. I'll find out who it was and see what they used to take it off with.

-S

p.s. come out to rockola tmw night if you make it ;-P

2000 Magnetic Red II Automatic Coupe
                  Best(s): Coming soon
                  99 Bright Red Turbo Firebird A4 T-Tops
                  Best(s): N20 - 14.01 @ 97.32 (1.64) Turbo - Coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...