Waxing RK Sport Vinyl Stripes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing RK Sport Vinyl Stripes?

I've had black RK Sport stripes on my car about a year and they are starting look a little grungy and I'm getting swirl marks here and there. Would a coat of wax help or maybe some sort of detailing spray? Just wondering if anybody else has the same problem.
    Steve

i also have them on my car. if you want go check my sig. i have always put wax on mine. they look REALLY nice after. what color are yours. mine are black and i think they show scratches the worst. anyway go ahead and wax them. they look nicer and it will help them shine better. oh and by the way i have buffed mine but not real hard. i used an electric buffer. just be careful not to buff to hard. then it could heat them up and burn the decal. if you do it do it real quickly over the stripes and don't push down hard. i can't emphasize that enough. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

sorry i didn't catch the fact they are black. that was a duh moment. sorry about that. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

I've also heard that you can wax them. I have black stripes on my car as well, but I haven't waxed them yet. I plan to in the spring though. Where in PA are you?
        2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

Comment

I live in the Northeast PA, near Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. I haven't driven my car in about two-weeks. It's garage kept and luckily I have dependable second vehicle. Anyway, I notice you have an SLP CAI, how often do you clean your filters. I have about 5,000 miles on mine. I'll probably clean them this spring when I start driving it regularly.
          Steve

Comment

I clean my K & N every time I change my oil.
            2002 Camaro RS, SLP CAI, 80 Series Flowmaster, Whisper Lid, K & N Air Filter, Hotchkis STB, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X569, Viper Alarm System. 35% Tint all around

Comment

detailing sprays really only are good for removing fingerprints, sling from silicone tire dressing, and smuges/hazes. a hand coat of wax, although difficult, could get out the swirls. if you can, try to get a hold of a orbital polisher. its basically the same as a d/a and with a foam pad and a good paste or creme wax removes swirls quickly and puts on a really, really good coat of wax.

Comment

Don't have the RK Sport stripes, but I've got vinyl stripes on my car. I wax right over them. Doesn't seem to do any harm, can't really tell if it does any good though either. Only thing I've noticed though, is that it's a little tougher to get the wax off the stripes. Comes off, but just takes a little more effort than the rest of the car.
                2000 Red Firebird W68

Comment

I had the RKS stripes put on when I first bought the car, but I was never really happy with them.
                  The back didn't work well with the 3-pc spoiler.
                  So I had them stripped off and PAINTED on last fall. I redesigned them so they go over the spoiler like on the '69 Z/28.
                  They're Beautiful!
                  2002 CAMARO \"RS\"<br /> 3800/M5/Y87

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X