Safe or dangerous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe or dangerous?

I have a 1996 Camaro and I was looking at upgrading the lighting. I did a search and I do know that I have to get a sealed beam conversion kit so I can use the 9006 bulbs.

My question is about the bulbs. I found a whole bunch of different styles but the ones I'm looking at are around $30 a pair and say HID Xenon. I know these won't be just like the real systems but are they better than stock and will they work at all?

Basically I know I won't get the exact same look as the exotics but if I can get a brighter color, I'd go for it. Here is a description...

"A maximum of 20% of Xenon gas along with a minimum 30% of Krypton gas is filled to cool the filament and allow the halogen process to produce a higher white (4300k) light output."

Thanks guys

BTW...the real HID lighting kits are out of the question right now.

I am a little concerned about the #s...most are saying "110 watt performance in a 55 watt bulb. It says its SAE and dot approved...

What is too much wattage, I mean what is the highest I can go. I know stock is 55w...

Confused...

Comment

From what I have seen going to an 80W lowbeam or 100W highbeam is not beneficial unless you can compensate by adding the additional heavy duty wiring those bulbs need. If you can do that the voltage wont drop and you'll see a pretty good increase in light.

I really dont think its worth it though, good quality bulbs properly aimed will be enough for you. If you want to convert to a non sealed beam enclosure thats fine, just don't go too blue when you pick new bulbs [img]smile.gif[/img]

The blue tint on them is simply to make them appear whiter, which is fine, but don't get them too dark blue if you can help it because that severely reduces light output. The whole 110W light output is marketing BS, ignore it.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X