Help with tailights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with tailights!

I ordered blackouts for the front lights and it really looks good. I would really like them for the tailights, but I am concerned with the cops and if I get rearended with them on then I heard its my fault. What else can I do to the tailights. Are there any altezzas that are really dark? By the way my camaro is 94 white with black trim,bra,front blackouts, and black camaro insert.
    My Car <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/tucsoncamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/tucsoncamaro</a> <br />3 inch flowmaster catback system, with ceramic coated pacesetter headers,3 inch cat,K&N FIPK

Smoked black-outs on your tail lights are not illegal. Whoever told you that it would be your fault in an accident is wrong.. and DO NOT go the altezza route..

Smoke black-outs still let light pass through..so at night no one can really even tell you have them on. Your brake lights will shine right through them. The headlight black-outs is where you would run into problems with the law. Those can only be on during the day. If the conditions on the road madate you to using your headlights, then you would need to take the black-outs off.

My main point is..do not buy any kind of altezza's..
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Thanks, I never knew that they were legal to use. I did not really have ny other options if I did not go with the tailight blackouts. Did not really like the altezzas.
      My Car <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/tucsoncamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/tucsoncamaro</a> <br />3 inch flowmaster catback system, with ceramic coated pacesetter headers,3 inch cat,K&N FIPK

Comment

my rear blackouts came in a box that said "only for off-road use-check local bylaws" or something to that effect.

they will darken your taillights. during the daytime i never turn my headlights on, (!drl, too) so that when i hit the brakes, the brake lights are more noticeable. the brake lights are hard to see in bright light if you have your headlights turned on. at night the blackouts make no difference, your brake lights will be easy to see.

i've had mine on for 6months or so, & have had no problems with cops. i also have my 3rd brake light & side marker lights blacked out.

--matt

Comment

i wouldnt recommend getting tail light covers. i had them on my car and the heat actually bent the tail light. so now it looks as if some one pushed in the corners of my tail lights. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
          2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camarov62003:
            i wouldnt recommend getting tail light covers. i had them on my car and the heat actually bent the tail light. so now it looks as if some one pushed in the corners of my tail lights. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

I've had mine on for years and never had a problem with heat melting or bending anything.
            94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

it must be where i live then cause two other people down here in New Orleans have had the same problem.
              2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Comment

You guys are in denial, altezzas are bad azz [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camarov62003:
                  it must be where i live then cause two other people down here in New Orleans have had the same problem.<hr></blockquote>
                  mine became dented after having my blackouts on for around a year, (then they got stolen) i was living in the STL area at the time
                  -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

i screwed mine in place...a buddy of mine had his fly off on the freeway here once, so that's why i did it. also makes it impossible to steal & still have it in one piece once it's removed from the vehicle :D

--matt

Comment

& this is the first time i've ever heard of taillights melting because of blackouts.

--matt

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by awesomeame:
                        i screwed mine in place...a buddy of mine had his fly off on the freeway here once, so that's why i did it. also makes it impossible to steal & still have it in one piece once it's removed from the vehicle :D

--matt
                        <hr></blockquote>

mine were in peices around my car, so at least the ****er didnt get 'em :mad:

BTW , i didnt believe that it was the black outs that caused it till i saw another guy's car that had the same problem
                        -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

probably not a good idea to get them then since I live in Tucson

Comment

how about altezzas with blackouts?
                            -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

i like my altezzas a whole lot more than i did my blackouts, always had a problem with the black outs staying on, kept wanting to fall off.. the only thing with altezzas, i have had 3 pair, change to much... you also have to silicone the crap out of the ports on the back of the tailights, so that moisture dont get inside the lense... my opinion would be altezzas over blackouts
                              1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X