Question about painting the interior of a 96 camaro. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about painting the interior of a 96 camaro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about painting the interior of a 96 camaro.

Hi, I want to paint some of the trim and panels of my camaro blue like somebody did red with their red firebird.
    But i have questions:

1. What kind of paint should I use? Specifically please and what other products ill need. Or is there a post already about this in detail?

2. I need someone to show me WHAT TO PAINT! I dont know what kind of surface is able to be painted smoothly and shiny. I would really like a model of an interior and specially showing what areas are paintable.

Thanks
    -Tony Ridino<br />\'96 Camaro (Black)<br />3.8L V6<br />Euros - Halogens - Dynomax Exhaust - Racing Wires - Wings West OEM Body Kit - Windshield lettering - Wings West Billet Grille - Euro Tail-lights - Red Carbon Fiber Letter Moldings - Custom Gauges - Clear Corners & Bumber Lenses<p>Email me at: ooga_labooga@hotmail.com

I painted everything.. since I had a crappy gray color.. I sanded a little, primed, and then painted with normal paint after sanding the primer a little as well... Now my interior is black and red and so far looks kick @$$!!!
    1996 Camaro<br />Nothing special really done yet!

Comment

See sig.
      <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

Cool nice tutorial BUT in the long run is it safe to paint the trims because will it or will it not flake and destroy the trims in the future? I dont want to paint it and have it look good for 6 months and then have to repaint it right again. Is it safe for the future and does it keep its shine?

Thanks sandman
        -Tony Ridino<br />\'96 Camaro (Black)<br />3.8L V6<br />Euros - Halogens - Dynomax Exhaust - Racing Wires - Wings West OEM Body Kit - Windshield lettering - Wings West Billet Grille - Euro Tail-lights - Red Carbon Fiber Letter Moldings - Custom Gauges - Clear Corners & Bumber Lenses<p>Email me at: ooga_labooga@hotmail.com

Comment

Which trim..?
          <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

Everything...i mean after you paint it and you drive with it for a long time will the paint start to detriotate and flake off?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X