Ash tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ash tray

What would be involved in turning the ashtray on automatic consoles (that opens sort of like a Vette hood) into one from a manual console (that folds down into the console)?
    \'93 Camaro, 3.4, A4<br />Yeah, it\'s slow. Whatchu got to say now?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Slow2GoMaro:
    What would be involved in turning the ashtray on automatic consoles (that opens sort of like a Vette hood) into one from a manual console (that folds down into the console)?<hr></blockquote>

wow that confused me
    what year camaro?
    maybe yours is different than mine, but mine opens the same as any ashtray that I have ever seen and I have an automatic
    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Slow2GoMaro:
      What would be involved in turning the ashtray on automatic consoles (that opens sort of like a Vette hood) into one from a manual console (that folds down into the console)?<hr></blockquote>

Yea Im not to sure what you are talking about either..
      Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

This is the manual one, it kind of goes down into the console when you open it.

And this is the automatic one that gets in your way when you open it.

I looked in the parts manual, and the images in that appear to be the same for both auto and manual, but I can tell that there's something different in the way they're put in there.
        Now, my question is, can I somehow make one from a manual fit my automatic?

Comment

well I understand now, but I don't have any idea how to help. Why dont you run out to a junkyard. I'm sure they wouldn't charge you much for an ashtray. Then you could try it out and see if it fits right in.
          millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

our biggest problem is going ot be mounting brackets i know what you are wanting to do. the bracket on the auto is up in the top on the side where the lid flips up . on the manual its mote in the cener witha longer hinge. my suggestion is hit up the junk yard and take the mounting brackets (you will have to =break them off) and the lid with its hinges and srpring and get a dremel and some apoxy and have some fun.
            no fate but what we make<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1</a>

Comment

Thanks for your help guys, but the newest Camaro's in junkyards around here is a 93. If I can find a console on Ebay, I might try this out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X