Couple of Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Questions

[img]smile.gif[/img] Proud new owner of a white 97 30th anv. ed L36 Powered Camaro here. It also has leather and the Y87 Package (nice little treat).

I have water spot problems on the windows and would like to clean it up. I did a search on the board and am going to try the white vinegar trick first. What im wanting to know is how to apply it. Like scrub brush or Paper towel? Also is that safe for the front windshield also. Also is there any type of trick to get a scratch out of the winsheild it was owned by some girl before me (im second owner) and the wiper blade was left to rot and scratch all the way across on the drivers side.

Thanks
    **\' 97 Artic White Camaro 3.8 A4 \'**<br />Y87 Performance Package<br />Pioneer DEH-P6400 Head Unit<br />10 Spoke SS wheels with Fuzion ZRI 275/40/17<br />20% tint<br />soon to come 12\" Stealth and amp rack with 12\" Alpine Type R or S...

i've seen some glass polish used by professionals that will take "moderate" scratches out, but for really deep ones i think you're SOL. i can't remember what the name is but if you ask at advance or autozone they should know the bottle.

Comment

Don't tell anyone else about this cuz it's a secret. But i've always had luck with getting window scratches out with compound.

Comment

I've used "nothin's better" for my water spots and it works like a charm I get it from the local auto parts store...has anyone else used this
        \'93 Red 3.4L Camaro<br />Engine: Jet II, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK, Accel Wires, Iridium Plugs, Flowmaster, ASP U/D, 180 Thermo, much more...<br /><br />\'98 Z28 Vert Triple Black A4 Stock for now<br />34000 Miles<br /><br />Not enough room in the sig for my stereo.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
          Don't tell anyone else about this cuz it's a secret. But i've always had luck with getting window scratches out with compound.<hr></blockquote>

does compound really work on window scratches? what grit did you use?

[ January 13, 2004: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]</p>

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I'm not really sure right off hand, but I take some out at work all the time. We always use the same 3M compound, but i'm not sure yet. I'll check on it tomorrow for ya.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 97camv630:
              [img]smile.gif[/img] Proud new owner of a white 97 30th anv. ed L36 Powered Camaro here. It also has leather and the Y87 Package (nice little treat).

I have water spot problems on the windows and would like to clean it up. I did a search on the board and am going to try the white vinegar trick first. What im wanting to know is how to apply it. Like scrub brush or Paper towel? Also is that safe for the front windshield also. Also is there any type of trick to get a scratch out of the winsheild it was owned by some girl before me (im second owner) and the wiper blade was left to rot and scratch all the way across on the drivers side.

Thanks
              <hr></blockquote>

What do you mean "water spot" problems? You mean after you wash your car, you get spots? This is why you gotta clean your windows afterwards. If you scroll down the posts, I made one on window cleaning tricks. The method using #0000 steel wool, Bon Ami glass cleaner, and a microfiber towell (or newspaper) works great.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

The water spots are from acid rain and are only one the windows. There like set in, the girl that owned it obviously didnt take care of it and im trying to clean up as much of the mess as i can.

Although it still has the dealer plastic on the floors. Nice Treat too
                **\' 97 Artic White Camaro 3.8 A4 \'**<br />Y87 Performance Package<br />Pioneer DEH-P6400 Head Unit<br />10 Spoke SS wheels with Fuzion ZRI 275/40/17<br />20% tint<br />soon to come 12\" Stealth and amp rack with 12\" Alpine Type R or S...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X