Warrenty coverage on body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrenty coverage on body?

On my firebird, my two front quarter panels are protruding out quite noticably. I want to fix these, and was wondering if anyone has done this before. Also, on a very long shot, might this be covered under warrenty? ((yeah right, I know.))

-DrkMind11
    <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

I worked in GM dealerships for over 20 years in the sevice department. As long as there is no damage to the car adjustments are under warranty. Some years had a adjustment period of 1 year. Others were the term of the warranty. Look at the warranty book and see which he has. If the book says it's covered don't take no for a answer. Sometimes they don't want to make major adjustments because warranty times don't pay enough.
    Chris Ja<br />87 IROC Lingenfelter motor with a few mods. Best et 12.96 at 110.mph<br />96 WS6 FORMULA Best ET 13.5 at 105MPH

Comment

Hell yes it is. They have done my six or seven times now.

Comment

open the door and check the bolt that is up there on the top corner if the fender where the door connects (it should be where the mirror thing is ending). you can untighten that bolt and move the panel in and out (you might notice the paint is overlaping or not going far enough). Easy fix most of the time. Hope the instructions weren't to messed up to understand. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I am going to try and do it myself, and since my car is going into the dealership this tuesday anyway, I will have them fix the quarter panels as well.

-DrkMind11
          <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X