True HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True HID

My dad bought an 2005 Acura TL and it has hids and I never would have thought they were that bright til I drove it at night and holy **** u can see everything I thought his brights were on. Has this conversion ever been done on a camaro before? I thought my silverstars were bright.

Ok I did this out of order just did a search and found something. but is it really that simple of a conversion and the kits on ebay are they really like ones one my dads acura?

Comment

Yep....I got HIDs on mine and they are worth it. Really simple conversion too.
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

just remember you get what you pay for.
        2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

I want them for my grand prix but the kits are like impossible to find, like they will bring a kit out and then a week later its gone and discontinued, then another company makes one and then its gone. its annoying
          Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

They make them, just be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for them.

Comment

After seeing my dads I've got to get thoes, I'll start with e-bay.

Comment

Yea i thought my h4 conversion with 90/100 watt bulbs was bright. Since my car has been in the shop ive been driving the Mom's nissan morano. So bright at night you can SEE EVERYTHING!
                New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

I got em too.....280$ 9000k .....easy conversion

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

nikon, can you post some links to which kit you got and how do you like it? Also can you post some pics of your lights? Thanks!

Comment

Search in this forum...he posted some pics of his awhile back. I believe he also stated where he bought them from too.
                      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

He got it from autotoys.com, but they don't have them there anymore. As I recall he had some probs with aiming.

I'm just curious, Speedy V6 and Nikon, how are the aims of the high beams after you adjusted the headlamps for the HID low beams??
                        1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

I aimed mine slightly lower. Other than that they are just fine....and I can see everything at night now.

Comment

I'm thinking of ordering a set now. Seems way easier than installing a new set of aftermarket fogs.... [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                            1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Headlights are so overrated. When I got my car the dealer had washed it and they pushed the lights and had them aiming at the ground, I was gonna fix it (had the car for like 5 months) then I got in an accident which really made them point down so much that when driving you can't even see then from the drivers seat unless you lean all the way forward. Never impaired me one bit.
                              1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X