Dying bra cover red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying bra cover red

Hey, every inch of my front capped is spider webbed so I was going to get a bra. I was wondering if anybody has dyed there bra the same color as their car, in my case red? Would the black backings where the foglights go look cool if I painted them red also? I don't see why it couldn't be done? They say the bra is made of "leather grain vinyl".

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/prod...=4&startpage=1
    1993 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6 A4<br />F41 RPO suspension option<br />119K miles<br />Fastchip<br />K&N \"Filtercharged\"<br />Airbox cuttout CAI<br />ASP underdrive pulleys<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />Flowmaster 80 Series 2.75 cat-back<br />MangaFlow Hi-Flow Cat<br />Corvette Servo<br />16.4 @ 81 MPH

I don't know if anyone has done it to their bra. I'd like to see it though...if you dye it. Get a test piece of leather first, and see what it looks like on your car. Also, put that piece under some home-made weather conditions to make sure it isn't gonna bleed all over your paintjob.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

I could also get black racing stripes for the hood if I could find them on eBay. That would look cool. That is, if I couldn't dye the bra.
      1993 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6 A4<br />F41 RPO suspension option<br />119K miles<br />Fastchip<br />K&N \"Filtercharged\"<br />Airbox cuttout CAI<br />ASP underdrive pulleys<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />Flowmaster 80 Series 2.75 cat-back<br />MangaFlow Hi-Flow Cat<br />Corvette Servo<br />16.4 @ 81 MPH

Comment

Save the money you would normally spend on a bra...like 60-80 bucks, and the money for the dye.

And have the front repainted. Its a better solution.

The colored bra idea will look funny IMHO
        Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by PewterBird:
          Save the money you would normally spend on a bra...like 60-80 bucks, and the money for the dye.

And have the front repainted. Its a better solution.

The colored bra idea will look funny IMHO
          But the front would also have to be sanded down. The sanding/ painting I'm sure would cost $500 or more, right?

Comment

I was quoted $300 for a repaint of mine, I think I'd save up for that rather than dying the bra. My reasoning: If the red bra/car aren't the same red, it won't look good. And I don't think theres a way to make leather the same red as your car, but thats just what I think, maybe I'd think different if I saw it.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

I was quoted $200 to repaint the front of my car, you have to shop around, the first place I went to quoted me $500 I went to other shops and they all were around 200-230.

Comment

You can see all the spider webbing a little in this pic. On the top all around the bird emblem it is really bad. I could spent 2 hours waxing and detailing my car and the first person who walks by says: "Dude, what happened to the front of your car there". No joke. Every person I've shown my car to in the past two years says something negative. I'm just ready to cover up that bad part of the car so they can acually see the rest of it. I really could care less how ugly the bra is. I'm just trying to get people to see past the ugly front cap!

http://www.geocities.com/pfir93/DSC00125.JPG

Another I found:

http://www.geocities.com/pfir93/DSC00130.JPG

Copy and paste link I think.

[ April 12, 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: BradC ]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X