Hey Gerry...or others with battery covers - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Gerry...or others with battery covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Gerry...or others with battery covers

I'm going to make me a battery cover out of some polished sheet metal and have a logo either airbrushed or decals on it, but here is my question. Because of the heat in the engine bay, should I have to worry too much about it warping or what are the odds that the metal on metal may cause some shorting/electrical problems. I have done my measurements and I think I'll be fine. I'm going to space the plate a little above the battery, just enough to "slowly" close the hood on top of it, then I have some industrial velcro to hold it. Do you guys think that my concern is valid? I'm going to start the cutting 2morrow so I'd really appreciate the insight. Got some pics comming soon! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

I did one for my car too, and the only problems I had was that it would frequently fall off and sit right by the battery prongs and I didnt like it so I took it off, but that was my fault, just make sure you have something that holds it down tight. your concern isnt really valid, if you ask me.
    2002 A4 Pewter Firebird.<br />Aluminum interior, custom aluminum whisper lid, custom ram air, Flowmaster cat bacl, high flow cat, pacesetter headers<br />15.018 on a ****ty track<br />15.65 stock on same ****ty track<br />15.33 stock on good track<br />= 14\'s on good track

Comment

Preciate' it. What did you secure it with? I'm trying to avoid proir mistakes, I guess that's why I'm asking.
      -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

use the velcro but get tome 3m double sided tape to hold the velcro donw that stuff doesn not let go
        no fate but what we make<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748167/1</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X