Raised White Letter Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raised White Letter Tires

Has anyone put these on a 98+ Firebird? I was thinking of getting the Firestone Indy 500 Tires and was curious about this. I'm thinking it would be kind of cool, but maybe not.

Anyone done this? Pix?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: \"WOW!!!!, what a ride!\"

Only letters that look good are on fat *** slicks in the back that say "Hoosier" (daddy) :D
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
      Only letters that look good are on fat *** slicks in the back that say "Hoosier" (daddy) :D
      [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

you dont need to buy special tires for this, I have done it to my old tires 16" wouldnt dare do it to my 18"s....I did it in yellow and red, kept it yellow for a while.....liked it alot....take a peek, all you need is a paint pen found at any arts and crafts store

[ July 31, 2004, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: nikon ]

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

nikon i have the same 5 spke rims you have, what type of polish do you use, the are very very shiny.

Also did your center cap come all chrome? Mine is chrome except for the little lug nuts are black but i like the way yours look all 100% chrome.

Comment

I like the white letter look - I wish there were choices available to get them.
            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Nice, I like that.
              2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

How does it hold up to tire chemicals? Will it last, what are the effects on the tires? I attempted to do this with paint and brush, and although I liked the look, it didn't last very long and took way too much time.

Thanks
                Zaino; FireBatCave Decals; Red Inside<br /><br />K&N Filter & Lid; Removed MAF screen; FRA; Raised Air Box; 180°F Stat; BMR STB; 3\" Catco & S-pipe; Borla Cat-Back; O2 Sim; HPPIII; NGK TR55s; Taylor 8mm wires<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300</a>

Comment

omg... that car looks hidious Nikon! [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img]

Please, for the love of all things sacred, don't do that. Leave the reaised white lettering for trucks and SUVs.

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:

Please, for the love of all things sacred, don't do that. Leave the reaised white lettering for trucks and SUVs.
                    tell that to nascar....... and I used a paint pen, it does take a long time to do, I put multiple coats on at a time, I never use any chemicals on my rims so I dont have to worry about that....it last about 6 months before it looks really nasty, once a month Ill scrub it a little with some soap and water.....no it didnt come with the chrome lugs I forget where I picked em up from, one of our vendors I believe....I used liquid glass on em to shine em up....I dont have those rims on my car nemore though, got the 18" Z06 rims, not as shiny though....still nice....

05' CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by nikon:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hawgs:

tell that to nascar....... and I used a paint pen, it does take a long time to do, I put multiple coats on at a time, I never use any chemicals on my rims so I dont have to worry about that....it last about 6 months before it looks really nasty, once a month Ill scrub it a little with some soap and water.....no it didnt come with the chrome lugs I forget where I picked em up from, one of our vendors I believe....I used liquid glass on em to shine em up....I dont have those rims on my car nemore though, got the 18" Z06 rims, not as shiny though....still nice.... </font>[/QUOTE]So your car races in NASCAR races?

Comment

I think it looks good on old muscle cars and trucks, that's about it. And I wouldn't ever compare my car to a NASCAR... they're hideous!
                        2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Originally posted by hawgs:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by nikon:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hawgs:

tell that to nascar....... and I used a paint pen, it does take a long time to do, I put multiple coats on at a time, I never use any chemicals on my rims so I dont have to worry about that....it last about 6 months before it looks really nasty, once a month Ill scrub it a little with some soap and water.....no it didnt come with the chrome lugs I forget where I picked em up from, one of our vendors I believe....I used liquid glass on em to shine em up....I dont have those rims on my car nemore though, got the 18" Z06 rims, not as shiny though....still nice.... </font>[/QUOTE]So your car races in NASCAR races? </font>[/QUOTE]:rolleyes: oh boy.....its a car....and they all have them, this is the point I was trying to get across...and you trying to make a pathetic come back say something like you race your car in nascar.....real smart [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

05' CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X