Blackouts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackouts!

hey does anyone have their blackouts secured on their car, the last set i had got jacked and i know someone else who got theirs jacked, i was thinkin of gluing them on cuz i dont plan on takin them off, any ideas how to keep them without gettin stolen?
    *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

If you use a silicone based adhiesive, I think you'd be fine because you can always just pull it off your paint if you want to take them off. IF people want to steal them, they will IMHO.

[ April 14, 2004, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: eDoog ]
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

A ton of very strong 3M double sided tape is your best bet. It may not completely prevent the theives from getting your blackouts. But it will definatly slow them down enough to give up. Or it will just simply break the blackouts.

Comment

ya id rather them break then some jerk off take them and have them for free, ill see what i come up with, the only thing i worry about is water or something building up in between the lights and the blackouts
        *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

ive had blackouts on my back lights for over a year. never had a single problem.

Comment

Carry a pit bull with you when you go somewhere. Then when you get out, tie him off to the rear axle. You shouldn't have any more problems with it....LOL
            2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

I put a few small pieces of velcro on the corners of mine. I havent had any problems with people trying to take them though (*knock on wood) That secured mine on nicely and mine were never taken or anything.
              AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X