Need help with paint!! Help me out?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with paint!! Help me out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with paint!! Help me out??

Hey everyone...my vizage body kit just came in for my 98' camaro and I'm looking to get the whole car repainted "including kit of coarse". there aren't any major scratches, and no dents of any kind, just hair line scratches out the ***.....the car has the factory black paint and that's the same color I want to have it repainted....Thanks for any help you can give me, I apreciate it very much.

Oh and I'll be happy to answer any questions if it might help any.........

Comment

The best advice I can give is; Don't go cheap and DON'T go to MAACO. Look around and do some research first too. Don't be surprised is someone quotes you for $2500 or more. Ask around a bit from people that had their cars done by a certain shop, and take a look at their car.

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

What exactly do you need help with? It must be late, cause I can't find the question in your post that you need help with. Are you looking for tips on how to paint it yourself or prices for having it painted or what? I'm confused...

98 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98</a>

Comment

I agree....where is the question?
          <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

hairline scratches can be wetsanded, and buffed...dont go screwing with the factory paint if you dont need too...because it will cost you alot of money...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
            05' CTS-V
            00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

yeah sorry people I did manage to miss the question...I was wanting to know how much the paint job would cost, estimated guess of coarse.....

Comment

okay I went to a shop today who's owner is a family friend and he offered to paint it for $1100, full strip with primer and all that good stuff "no clear coat". Anyway looks good so far anyway, shop's real nice well-kept up place...real clean, What's everyone's opinion on this??

Comment

Not bad for a full strip, primer n' paint. But, are you planning a clearcoat soon? I'd recommend it.
                  It's too bad I don't live in AL. I'd go to him to have my car done, then clearcoat it myself.

-Marc
                  sigpic

Comment

just something that was annoying me...the word coarse describes sandpaper and other such things....you should be saying "of course"...sorry was just bugging me

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                    05' CTS-V
                    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

haha I see what you mean nikon...yeah I didn't think it was bad at all...as far as the clear coat goes though, I'm on a tight budget so it all depends on how much more clearcoat would be.....any guess??

Comment

Ummmmmmmmm.... Why would you even get the car repainted ir your not going to clearcoat it? 1100 is a very cheap deal, I wouldn't expect nothing out of the job it's self, just a economy get me the hell out of here as soon as I can type job. With your bodykit install, whole car painted, and you want it too look good, say painted in PPG Global. Your looking at atleast 4k or more. Thats if you want it too look good. But honestly dude, if your car is in good condition and has no scratches or dents, why the hell are you going to get it all repainted, the same color, at some cheap place. Your just going to waste your money and it's probably going to look worse with an 1100 dollar job. But don't take it from me man, i just do this **** for a living, spend the money and see for yourself.

Comment

I get what you're saying....I mean I have no clue when it comes to painting or getting a car painted, which is why I'm here...to find out. Anyway thanks for the opinion even though you kinda slammed the whole deal*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            3 days ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X