Pics of my new hood and side vent grilles. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of my new hood and side vent grilles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my new hood and side vent grilles.

This is the perfect thing to do if your broke like me and are tired of the paint always chipping off after you paint the grilles. Tell me what you think of them.

Gerry
    <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Looks great [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] . You've got a very bada$$ car.
    1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

wow, thats one h*ll of a shine :eek: really nice car man [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

REALLY SHiney that is nice dude! Totally looks mean! Good Job.
        <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

Thanks guys.

Gerry
          <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

trade ya [img]smile.gif[/img]
            03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zccop2001:
              trade ya [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

nah I'll pass, thanks for the offer though, lol.

Gerry

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Beastly TA:
                This is the perfect thing to do if your broke like me and are tired of the paint always chipping off after you paint the grilles. Tell me what you think of them.<hr></blockquote>

So exactly what did you do to them to be that way?
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I used gutter gaurd that I bought from Lowes for less than $2. For the hood I just cut them to fit using my Dremel and then used the stock screws to hold them on.

The side ones were alot harder. I first cut out a square piece of the gutter mesh and opened up the door to give me acess to the backside of the vents. Then I placed the mesh so that it looked good and folded the mesh over the ledge that is back there (if you look at your car you will see what I mean) and then I just used 3M emblem tape to hold them in place.

Gerry

Comment

Thanks, they do look great!
                    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Looks great as usual Gerry! Really nice! :D You always have good ideas
                      2000 Pewter Metallic Formula M6 <br /><br /><a href=\"http://flaminbird.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">My 2000 Formula</a>

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Gerry

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Beastly TA:
                          then I just used 3M emblem tape to hold them in place.

<hr></blockquote>

Dumb question, but where did you buy the 3M emblem tape?

...And BTW, the grilles and car look great!
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

It was either O'riely's or Autozone, I dont remember.

Gerry

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X