Question about Wings West kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Wings West kit

I was thinking about getting the WW kit for Christmas but on my front bumper I have a vertical crack on each side that is about 3" long and runs to the very bottom that came from someone leaving an incline onto a flat surface at too sharp an angle. It isn't really noticable since it is so far back and in and I figured it wouldn't be worth it to fix.

I was wondering if this would make a difference if I put a WW kit on my car. The roads around here are flat, the cracks came from the last owner driving my car in DC so I don't think I would crack it myself.
    97\' Silver Firebird T-Top M5<br />Edelbrock Catback

It's pretty low for the roads around here. Most of the time you only scratch the air dam. But you still have some clearance, not that bad. I've never hit the actual bodykit piece except parking for the first time :mad:
    95 3.4 A4<br /><b>Performance:</b> SLP CAI, Flowmaster 80-Series Exhaust, Catco High-Flow Cat, ADS Performance Chip, 160* Thermostat, TB-Bypass<br /><b>Appearance:</b> 35th Ann. Stripes, SS hood, Wings West W-type bodykit, Wings West wing, 17\" Chrome Firehawk rims, Chrome Inserts, Clear Corners, Decals<br /><b>Audio:</b>2 12\" Audiobahn Subs, 1400watt Audiobahn amp, Streetwires, Subthump custom box, Audiobahn door speakers, JVC headunit<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/photo/86905013/106283184LzOzZC\" target=\"_blank\">New Pic</a>

Comment

Sorry my question really wasn't clear enough. I meant will I be able to put the front WW piece on mine even though mine is cracked?
      97\' Silver Firebird T-Top M5<br />Edelbrock Catback

Comment

Yes you can still put the front piece on. However if you ever want to fix the crack it will probably be a lot easier to just do it before the front piece goes on. The front spoiler has screws that go in through the wheel well on each side and the middle is held up by only the double sided tape (be sure to use adhesive promoter as well). I'd recommend putting some screws in the middle also just to make absolutely sure it will never fall off. That's what I did.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X